In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Aston Villa Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews.
19/20 in a glance – Aston Villa
As a newcomer, Villa had to spend £200 million to revamp their team for the big league. Coming into the season, we didn’t have high Fantasy hopes for the team, and it surely proved us right. The first part of the season went terribly wrong, with Villa being mostly below the relegation line. Everything changed after the restart though! Aston Villa appeared confident, their young stars shined and the team made a surprising 10-game rally to be saved from relegation 6 minutes before the final whistle with a golden goal by Jack Grealish.
Transfer Activity – Aston Villa
- Matty Cash (4.5M – Defender)
- Ross McCormack (Released)
- Callum O’Hare (Released)
- Jack Birch (Released)
- Anton Hooper (Released)
- Colin Odutayo (Released)
- Dimitri Sea (Released)
- Jamie Searle (Released)
- Matija Sarkic (Wolves)
- James Chester (Stoke)
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Aston Villa Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21 – Aston Villa
More chemistry, better production, and the usual suspects. Nothing has changed on the Aston Villa key squad. We expect the team to keep their starting lineup that they ended the season with, with the home-grown Jack Grealish (6.5M – Midfielder) spearheading the effort.
After a full season of playing together, we expect better chemistry on both offense and defense, even though the Birmingham team will still be weak. You should stay away from Defenders, except maybe Matt Targett (4.5M – Defender), who showed good signs last season.
The stars – Aston Villa
- Jack Grealish (6.5M – Midfielder): Grealish impressed in his first season in the Premier League, with many big clubs aiming for him in the offseason. If Grealish stays in the team for the full 20/21 season, we expect a heavy and consistent production of Fantasy Points. Priced at 6.5M, he should be a value choice for most squads.
- John McGinn (5.5M – Midfielder): McGinn missed 10 games last season due to injuries. However, he managed to impress with his Fantasy production. A healthy McGinn should produce many goals and assists throughout the season.
Players to watch – Aston Villa
- Frédéric Guilbert (4.5M – Defender): Guilbert played 25 games last season, showing very good signs on the offensive end. Don’t expect many clean sheets from a Villa defender, but if he gets rolling you could get many assists from a 4.5M player.
- Conor Hourihane (5.5M – Midfielder): Another player who overperformed after the summer restart. Should he continue from where last season ended, we see Hourihane locking a starting spot and being a top contributor alongside Grealish and McGinn.
- Trezeguet (6.0M – Midfielder): We had very high hopes from Trezeguet last season, but he ended up producing only 6 goals. Near the end of the season, though, he seemed in form. Keep an eye on him as he could easily turn into a 6.0M scoring machine!
Key takeaways: Aston Villa Fantasy preview
Expect more of what you witnessed after the summer restart – a constant fight to stay alive in the league, with passionate young players standing out.
Stay away from the defense, circle Jack Grealish (6.5M – Midfielder) as a great investment, avoid the low-producing Forward line and keep an eye on the value choices of Midfielders.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Aston Villa Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button if you enjoyed the post.