In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Brighton Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Brighton
In the previous season, Brighton’s main goal was survival and that goal was succeeded by finishing in the 15th place. That was a slight improvement over their 17th from 18/19 season.
Brighton had a really tough team and especially a tough defense. Lewis Dunk was impressive in the center of the defense and the rookie striker Neal Maupay scored 10 goals contributing highly for the survival.
Transfer Activity – Brighton
- Adam Lallana (5.5M – Midfielder)
- Joel Veltman (4.5M – Defender)
- Percy Tau
- Taylor Richards
- Martin Montoya
- Aaron Mooy
- Glenn Murray
- Shane Duffy
- David Button
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Brighton Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21
This year we expect Brighton to be focused on their defense once again. They will aim for survival and try to establish themselves in the Premier League. They have some changes in their main lineup but they will probably find their roles easily. Brighton will fight for a higher place of the bottom half of the board, like the previous season.
Defender Montoya and the experienced Mooy were the biggest changes in their lineup, but they found good replacements. Adam Lallana (MID – 5.5M) from Liverpool and Joel Veltman (DEF – 4.5M) from Ajax will probably take their place in the starting lineup. Brighton’s players look tempting for FPL and especially their defense.
The stars – Brighton
- Mathew Ryan (GK – 4.5M): Last year he had 9 clean sheets. Brighton’s tough defense makes him a good option for a lower price goalkeeper or for your substitute goalkeeper’s spot.
- Lewis Dunk (DEF – 5.0M): He is the best player on defense and expected to play most of the matches. Last year was their best player he got 9 Clean Sheets, scored 3 goals, and gave 3 assists.
- Neal Mauppay (FOR – 6.5M): He is no longer a rookie. He knows how to score and he is a good solution for a cheap forward. Last year he scored 10 goals and gave 3 assists. We expect him to be the number one forward of Brighton’s offense.
Players to watch – Brighton
- Joel Veltman (DEF – 4.5M): He played many years for Ajax and now he will test his strengths in the best championship. If he has a fast adjustment and he is the starting lineup 4.5M makes him a really tempting choice.
- Ben White (DEF – 4.5M): Last year played for Leeds (loan) in the Championship and he helped his team with league-high 22 clean sheets.
- Adam Lallana (MID – 5.5M): Last year he was playing for Liverpool and he did have some good impact for them even though he wasn’t in the rotation. Now he has the opportunity to be a key player of Brighton. His ability to score and his experience from the bigger team can help the team and he should be a really good choice for your FLP at 5.5M.
Key takeaways: Brighton Fantasy preview
We expect Brighton to be focused on defense and fight for their survival. Their home games are tough matches even for the best teams of the league so their players are good choices. Especially, their goalkeeper and the defenders. Also, Lallana (5.5M – MID) and Maupay (6.5M – FOR) are solid low price picks.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Brighton Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.