In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Crystal Palace Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Crystal Palace
Last year, Crystal Palace finished 14th in the league with a balanced results sheet (11 wins, 10 draws, 17 losses). Fantasy-wise, Crystal Palace’s defense was strong with Aanholt, Guaita putting up solid numbers. In the attacking front, Zaha, Ayew and Milivojevic led the team, but with not-that-strong numbers, given the defensive attitude of the tactics.
Transfer Activity – Crystal Palace
- Nathan Ferguson (4.0M – Defender)
- Eberechi Eze (5.0M – Midfielder)
- Kian Flanagan (Released)
- Dion-Curtis Henry (Released)
- Daniel Tupper (Released)
What to expect for 20/21 – Crystal Palace
Not much changed in the offseason, which is probably not a good thing for the club. The youngster playmaker Eberechi Eze (5.0M – Midfielder) was brought for £19M, but looks more like an investment for the future than a solid producer. Zaha’s transfer status will be key for the team – if he leaves in the next weeks or in winter, then Palace will be certainly in trouble.
The players know each other well and there’s no sign of change on the playing style. But with every other team improving and playing aggressive football, Crystal Palace might be in danger of a relegation once again.
The stars – Crystal Palace
- Wilfred Zaha (6.5M – Midfielder): We still don’t know where Zaha will be playing until the end of the season, he’s definitely the star of the team. Being a midfielder, his goals will count 5 points, and with the 1 point Clean Sheet bonus his fantasy output should be pretty impressive.
- Jordan Ayew (6.0M – Forward): This season, Ayew will have a clear lead in the Forward position. We expect the striker to be the club’s top goal scorer and at 6.0M he could be a value play.
Players to watch – Crystal Palace
- Eberechi Eze (5.0M – Midfielder): Eze is definitely the one to watch this season. The youngster is coming to Crystal Palace with a very good reputation and high hopes of being a key player this year.
- Vicente Guaita (4.5M – Goalkeeper): Crystal Palace defense is always quite strong. Drafting Guaita priced at 4.5M could save you valuable funds. Combining him with an Aanholt (5.0M – Defender) and Zaha (6.5M – Midfielder), could produce many clean sheet points for you.
- Tyrick Mitchell (4.0M – Defender): The youngster impressed when he filled in for Aanholt (5.0M – Defender) last year. Priced at 4.0M, he could be among the best at this price. If Aanholt gets injured or transferred, you should definitely trade for him!
Key takeaways: Crystal Palace Fantasy preview
Crystal Palace will struggle once again. Expect low-scoring games and some clean sheets, and Zaha (6.5M – Midfielder), Ayew (6.0M – Forward), and Milivojevic (5.5M – Midfielder) to produce most of the goals. Investing in Crystal Palace’s defense could be a worthy bet.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Crystal Palace Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button if you enjoyed the content.
All Fantasy Previews & Team Analysis
Arsenal | Aston Villa | Brighton | Burnley | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Fulham | Leeds | Leicester | Liverpool | Manchester City | Manchester United | Newcastle | Sheffield United | Southampton | Tottenham | West Brom | West Ham | Wolverhampton