In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Burnley Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews.
19/20 in a glance – Burnley
In the previous year, Burnley had an impressive season and managed to finish 10th in the Premier League. They won 15 matches, had 9 draws, and 14 losses. The defense was especially good, with only 50 goals against them and 15 clean sheets.
Transfer Activity – Burnley
- Joe Hart
- Ben Gibson
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Burnley Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21
This year the roster is pretty much the same, they didn’t lose or sold any first squad player and they didn’t buy anyone for a place in the starting lineup, so we expect Burnley to be in the same direction as the previous season. Everyone in the team now knows the roles and they will have good chemistry. As for your FPL roster, Burnley’s defense is considerable.
The stars – Burnley
- Nick Pope (GK – 5.5M): Last year he had an outstanding year, helping his team keep 15 clean sheets. Also he had 120 saves (each save gives you 0.5 point in FLP) and 1 penalty save.
- James Tarkowski (DEF – 5.5M): He is the best defender of the team and he will play all the matches if he stays healthy. Last season he started in every single game and helped his team have a strong defense.
- Chris Wood (FOR – 7.0M): Each season he becomes better and better. Now he has the experience to be the top goalscorer of the team. Last year he scored 14 goals and he finished strong with the 3 of them in the last 5 matches. Finally, he is the penalty taker, so he can be a good choice for your fantasy team, as a low-medium priced addiction to your forward line
Players to watch – Burnley
- Erik Pieters (DEF – 5.0M): This year can be a breakout season for him. He has the opportunity to play a bigger role in the offense of the team. With Burnley’s tough defense and the potential of having a lot of clean sheets, any defender and especially those who can get extra points from assists can be a great solution for your defense.
- Josh Brownhill (MID – 4.5M): His low price makes him a smart choice for your team to save some money. He was in the starting lineup at the end of the season and he got some experience from the Premier League. He might get a bigger role this year and be a breakout player.
Key takeaways: Burnley Fantasy preview
We expect pretty much the same game-play and the same toughness from Burnley. Their good defense makes defenders considerable options for a spot on your FLP team. Finally, Chris Wood can be a good choice for your offense.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Burnley Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button. Read more team previews for all 20 teams on Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews.