In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Manchester United Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Manchester United
When we think about Man.United’s 19/20 season, the first word that comes to mind is “roller-coaster”. United came in the season hopeful for great things and aiming even for the trophy. The reality hit them hard though, with a terrible chemistry and many defensive issues haunting them during the winter. Pogba was absent and the young guns proved unstable in the offense.
Everything changed with Bruno Fernandes’ arrival to the club in the winter though! The playmaker came with a bang, leading the Reds’ offensive line to play extraordinary football, especially after the restart. The youngsters started producing goals and assists like crazy, and the team managed to qualify for the Champions League in the end.
Transfer Activity – Manchester United
- Donny van de Beek (7.0M – MID)
- Alexis Sanchez
- Tahith Chong
- Joel Pereira
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Manchester United Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21 – Manchester United
Good days are coming for the Manchester club. The attacking line is as hot as it gets, and the youngsters are only getting better with experience. As long as Pogba (7.5M – MID) and Van den Beek (7.0M – MID) protect the defense and control the midfield, Fernandes (11.0M – MID) and the front line will work wonders upfront.
On the defensive end, we don’t expect many clean sheets as the backs are prone to turnovers and the fast-paced tactics will bring many high-scoring matches.
The stars – Manchester United
- Bruno Fernandes (11.0M – MID): Bruno is leading the way on offense, making everyone around him better. Being the set-piece taker for Penalties, Free kicks, and Corners, we surely anticipate a very high production from him.
- Anthony Martial (10.5M – FOR): Martial led all scorers from United last season alongside Rashford (10.0M – FOR), but was in a better form after the restart having a striker role.
Players to watch – Manchester United
- Donny Van den Beek (7.0M – MID): We are very hopeful for the former Ajax “Wizard of Amsterdam”. However, as he just joined the team and having all that talent in front of him, we should better stay away in the beginning but keep an eye for the future.
- Paul Pogba (7.5M – MID): Pogba was unhappy with the team last season, but the team’s rebirth managed to inspire him to return to the starting lineup. A player with his skills should always be on your fantasy radar.
- Mason Greenwood (8.5M – MID): The 19-year old talent was one of the biggest revelations of last season. He showed stellar finishing skills and locked a spot in the starting squad in late season. If he keeps that spot in 20/21, and with him being a Midfielder now, he is a steal at 8.5M.
Key takeaways: Manchester United Fantasy preview
Open matches, many goals and entertaining football. Manchester United will kick it off from where they left and will probably finish in the Champions League spots. Their defense is maybe the worst among the top teams, but any player from the Midfield and up could be a great fantasy value. Bruno Fernandes (11.0M – MID) will be a contender to be the highest-scoring player of the season in Fantasy Premier League.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Manchester United Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.
Read our in-depth Fanteam Premier League 1M: Burnley Fantasy preview. We will cover which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League 1M squad.