In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Southampton Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Southampton
When the season started, Southampton had a lot of problems and was left in the bottom three after 9 matches. However, they found the way to put them behind them and finish in 11th place with 13 wins in their final 28 matches. Danny Ings was remarkable with 22 goals in a season that made him one of the best strikers in the Premier League.
Transfer Activity – Southampton
- Kyle Walker-Peters (4.5M – DEF)
- Mohammed Salisu (4.5M – DEF)
- Mohamed Elyounoussi
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
- Cedric Soares
- Mario Lemina
- Harrison Reed
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Southampton Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21
As for the next season, Southampton will be a tricky team to predict. With the transfer of their captain Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg to Spurs, they must find a way to fill his void. Their defense is not consistent but in the home games can be tough. As for the offense, Danny Ings (8.5M – FOR) is the star of the team and he will have to carry the team.
The stars – Southampton
- Danny Ings (8.5M – FOR): Last season was by far the best player in the team and led his team to finish in 11th place. He scored 22 goals and gave 2 assists. If he continues with the same form then he will be a really strong forward for your roster.
- James Ward-Prowse (6.5M- MID): He is the second-best after Ings (8.5M – FOR). He helped his team a lot as well, playing all the matches and he scored 5 goals and gave 3 assists.
Players to watch – Southampton
- Che Adams (5.5M – FOR): Last season he struggled a lot to find the goal but he managed to have a strong finish. In the last match, he scored twice. His low price makes him appealing but we have to see if he will have a steady spot in the starting line-up.
- Stuart Armstrong (6.0M – MID): Probably the best player behind the stars of the team. Next season he might have a bigger role and if Southampton goes well he might be an option for your team.
- Kyle Walker-Peters (4.5M – DEF): As we said their defense is not consistent but Kyle Walker-Peters can impact the game by giving assists. His low price and his ability to have a bigger impact than a clean sheet make him a player to watch. If their defense will be better, then he is definitely a defender for your team.
Key takeaways: Southampton Fantasy preview
Southampton will have their ups and downs. Danny Ings (8.5M – FOR) is definitely a striker to watch and an option for every team. On the other hand, Southampton’s defense is not good, so we might have to avoid them.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Southampton Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.