In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Arsenal Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Arsenal
Last season was a rollercoaster for Arsenal. The team’s big signings took a while to get accustomed, and the defense was all over the place, leading to a disappointing image early on. Later in the season, the team started finding some chemistry, and after the restart we saw a completely new team! A new playing style was introduced, with Bellerin and Tierney covering the whole wings, and the team played really well to finish the season.
Transfer Activity – Arsenal
- Willian (9.0M – MID)
- Cedric Soares (5.0M – DEF)
- Gabriel (5.0M – DEF)
- Dinos Mavropanos
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Arsenal Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21
Arsenal did just a few, but very important additions to the team. Willian (9.0M – MID) was arguably the transfer of the year in Premier League, leaving fellow Londoners Chelsea as their team’s star, to become a Red. We expect Arsenal to show up much improved in 20/21. We look forward to seeing the impressive football they played towards the end, and are hopeful to see a stronger defense with a good amount of clean sheets. Of course, Aubameyang (11.0M – FOR) is the team’s superstar and will once again have a superb fantasy production.
The stars – Arsenal
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (11.0M – FOR): The Arsenal forward scored 22 goals and dished 5 assists quite comfortably last year, in a bad season for the team. He will be once again the top weapon up front, and a very good choice to be a fantasy captain for the 1M game.
- Willian (9.0M- MID): Willian dominated in the last part of the season with Chelsea, leading the team to some great wins with many goals and assists. We don’t know yet how he will adapt to his new club, but will definitely have a big role in the team’s offense.
Players to watch – Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka (7.0M – MID): Saka is a weird case for fantasy football. Last season he was listed as a Forward, however, the team ran out of healthy left-backs and he was moved to that position. The youngster is super talented and has a special vision of the game, and this year we expect only better from him. We shouldn’t see him at the backs anymore, and being a Midfielder this year, he can get more points from goals and clean sheets if he has a key role.
- Dani Ceballos (6.5M – MID): Ceballos came to the team on a loan, but he is staying for 20/21 as well. The Spaniard is very good at set-pieces and very creative in the field. We don’t know yet how he will fit in the new rotation, but will definitely keep an eye on him.
- Héctor Bellerín (4.5M – DEF): Bellerin was very impressive in the final part of the season, having a key role in the new playing style. We don’t know yet if he will keep his role (seems unlikely), but at 4.5M we should definitely have him in our shortlist for value defenders.
Key takeaways: Arsenal Fantasy preview
We expect Arsenal to have a better season in 20/21. Their main contributors won’t change much, with the exception of Willian (9.0M – MID). Aubameyang (11.0M – FOR) will again compete for the golden boot and is probably the player to own from the squad. A much better defense is very likely, so might be worth to gamble on some defenders like Tierney (5.0M – DEF), Soares (5.0M – DEF) or Bellerin (4.5M – DEF).Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Arsenal Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.