In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Fulham Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Fulham
Last year Fulham was playing in the Championship, being newly relegated from the Premier League. The team had a strong roster and didn’t make many changes, shooting for the immediate return to the big league. Chemistry was great and consistent results followed up. Defensively, Fulham was pretty good, securing 17 clean sheets throughout the season. On offense, Mitrovic was leading the pack and was a clear overqualified player for the league. He ended up scoring 26 goals and leading all Championship in goals scored. In the end, Fulham missed the direct promotion for only two points, but held their ground in the playoffs
Transfer Activity – Fulham
- Antonee Robinson (4.5M – DEF)
- Mario Lemina (5.0M – MID)
- Harrison Reed (5.0M -MID)
- Jordan Archer
- Magnus Norman
- Luca de la Torre
- Matt O’Riley
- Alfie Mawson
- Steven Sessegnon
What to expect for 20/21 – Fulham
Not much has changed for Fulham roster-wise. The club remember the mistake they did last time they were promoted and didn’t want to fall into that again, especially this time with the offseason and the actual season be so short. In 18/19, they changed their whole squad, which made it impossible to create a solid chemistry in time, and it ended into the team being relegated.
This time, Fulham will rely on their successful team that brought them into the big league. Mitrovic (6.5M – FOR) is back to where he belongs and will lead the goal scorers once again. Behind him, there is a strong rotation of players that proved themselves last season, with Cairney (6.0M – MID) standing out. In the backs, Fulham will bring back the strong defense of last season, with Joe Bryan (5.0M – DEF) standing out and Rodak (4.5M – GK) being a low-priced player to consider.
The stars – Fulham
- Alexandar Mitrovic (6.5M – FOR): The Serbian was in a league of his own last season, as the opposing defenses couldn’t keep him away. This year, he’s back in the league where he belongs, more experienced and hungry than the first time around. We expect him to be one of the most popular fantasy picks across the league, and rightfully so when he’s priced at the attractive pricetag of 6.5M.
- Tom Cairney (6.0M – MID): Cairney had a great season last year, holding the midfield and helping in the creation from the Fulham squad. He ended up with eight goals and three assists, which could easily be more considering his performance. He has valuable Premier League experience and should be able to adapt to the new standards quickly.
- Joe Bryan (5.0M – DEF): The left-back was the one to bring the team back to the big league on the promotion final. He has proved his grit and his skills, starting most of the games and contributing with 3 goals and seven assists! He is also taking many set pieces, proving to be a valuable fantasy player.
Players to watch – Fulham
- Neeskens Kebano (5.5M – MID): The DR Congo winger had a good second half of last season, and hopefully he will continue where he left at. We expect him to have the starting spot and help a lot with the offensive workload.
- Anthony Knockaert (5.5M – MID): Knockaert was a beast last year, playing a total of 45 matches over the season and was proven to be a great addition to the team. He is the favorite for the other wing, with some competition from Reid (5.5M – FOR) and Cavaleiro (6.0M – MID).
Key takeaways: Fulham Fantasy preview
Fulham will have a much better presence in the Premier League this season, and it has good chances to hit their goal which is the survival. The Serbian goal machine, Mitrovic (6.5M – FOR), is definitely the player to own in all fantasy teams, with his price being perfect to fill out a squad. Beyond him, you could take your chances at the defense, or just pick Joe Bryan (5.0 – DEF) to give you a few assists in a very low price.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Fulham Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button. Read more team previews for all 20 teams on Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews.