In this in-depth Leicester Fantasy preview, we will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams. Find the link at the bottom of this post.
19/20 in a glance – Leicester
Last season we saw an impressive Leicester show up in the first half of the season. The team was just behind Liverpool and in front of Manchester City for a good part of the season, playing exciting football with their attacking stars. The second half of the season, though, was worse, and even so was the period after the restart. Vardy was leading the team as always and scored 23 goals, making him one of the top scoring players in our fantasy game.
Transfer Activity – Leicester
- Timothy Castagne (5.0M – DEF)
- Ben Chilwell
What to expect for 20/21 – Leicester
Not much has changed for Leicester roster-wise. We want to believe that the team will be more stable during this season, given that they will be free from the Champions League hustle. Vardy (10.5M – FOR) will, as always lead the offensive line, and once again will compete for the golden boot. Schmeichel (5.0M – GK) is going to have a better production as well, with the defense playing together for longer.
The stars – Leicester
- Jamie Vardy (10.5M – FOR): Vardy is always an elite option for your team. Priced at 10.5M he’s considerably cheaper than the other premium forwards, with Aubameyang (11.0M – FOR), Kane (11.0M – FOR), Aguero (11.5M – FOR) all being priced above him. Vardy is always a good option for a captain, and we believe investing in him is worth it.
- James Maddison (8.0M – MID): Maddison had a very good season last year, especially in the first half. We expect him to grow in his role even more, and priced at 8.0M he’s a very healthy mid-priced option for your team.
Players to watch – Leicester
- Kasper Schmeichel (5.0M – GK): Schmeichel is the steady rock keeping Leicester’s defense intact. He should be a good choice for many fantasy teams, especially combined with another defender, such as Pereira (9.5M – DEF), Soyuncu (5.0M – DEF) or Justin (5.0M – DEF), to stack up the clean sheet points.
- Ricardo Pereira (5.5M – DEF): Pereira was having an amazing season in 19/20, until his devastating injury in early March. His recovery seems to go well, and we are looking forward to having them back in our squads soon.
- Timothy Castagne (5.0M – DEF): Castagne was brought in to fill the void caused by Pereira’s injury. The Belgian back is a very high-quality signing for a backup, and will surely do a great job until Pereira is back. Don’t be surprised if he ends up taking the starting spot from him altogether. Priced at 5.0M he’s a great value for your team!
Key takeaways: Leicester Fantasy preview
Leicester will once again be in the 3-7 range of the league. A healthy Vardy (10.5M – FOR) will possibly score more than 20 goals once again, and the defensive line will produce a good amount of clean sheets. We expect the team to be more stable, and hope to see again the Leicester of the first half of 19/20. If you could pick one player from each Top 6 side, who would it be?Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Leicester Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.