In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Leeds Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Leeds
Leeds stormed through the Championship last year, finishing as champions in a quite dominating fashion. Marcelo Bielsa ingeniously formed a squad with a unique playing style, with constant pressing, perfect positional interchanging, and a tactical brilliance like no other. Pablo Hernandez was the general on the field, organizing the game, and creating chances for his team. Liam Cooper and Ben White was an astonishing defending duo, and Kalvin Phillips held the defensive midfield. Patrick Bamford was the leading goalscorer, but wasn’t too impressive.
Transfer Activity – Leeds
- Helder Costa (6.0M – MID)
- Illan Meslier (4.0M – GK)
- Jack Harrison (6.0M – MID)
- Rodrigo Moreno (6.5M – FOR)
- Robin Koch (4.5M – DEF)
- Ryan Edmondson
- Kun Temenuzhkov
What to expect for 20/21 – Leeds
As a newcomer, Leeds have a question mark above them. However, they’re definitely the strongest among the newcomers right now and have the potential to be this season’s Sheffield Utd. The brilliance of Marcelo Bielsa is coming to the Premier League, and teams around the country will face a serious challenge every time they face Leeds. We expect them to maintain their spot in the league quite comfortably, finishing around the half of the standings table.
The stars – Leeds
- Moreno Rodrigo (6.5M – FOR): Rodrigo became the most expensive signing of all-time for the club, and rightfully so. Last year, he had an incredible season with Valencia, drawing the eyes of many big teams and becoming the starting striker of Spain’s national team. Leeds surprised everyone to sign such a star, and will definitely be among the popular choices in our 1M game.
- Pablo Hernandez (6.5M – MID): The Spaniard is the natural leader of the squad. His playmaking is improving everyone around him and being the set-piece taker he will definitely earn many fantasy points throughout the season. Our only concern is his age (35) and how much it will affect his playing time.
Players to watch – Leeds
- Stuart Dallas (4.5M – DEF): The left-back is definitely a player to watch this season. Last year, he played 45 matches and contributed 5 goals and 3 assists, and we expect him to have at least a similar output this season. Considering the strong Leeds defense, his 4.5M price tag looks very enticing.
- Kalvin Phillips (5.0M – MID): Phillips is maybe the most exciting newcomer from the Championship. The 24-year old defensive midfielder just made his debut for England National team, without having any Premier League experience yet! He plays a holding role, which will limit him to only a few goals and assists. However, he is expected to start most games and rarely be substituted.
- Illan Meslier (4.0M – GK): Meslier will be the starting goalkeeper for Leeds this season. He has shown impressive skills so far and should do well in the Premier League. Leeds defense is quite strong, and Meslier should be a steal at 4.0M.
Key takeaways: Leeds Fantasy preview
Leeds’ summer signings were quite impressive, with Moreno Rodrigo (6.5M – FOR) being in the headline. He will probably be the club’s main striker and top goalscorer this season, followed by Patrick Bamford (6.5M – FOR). We hope to see Pablo Hernandez (6.5M – MID) contribute a lot, but his 35-year old body will need much rest during this very intense season. Beyond that, we are looking at a very strong midfield, where pretty much anyone can score or assist. On the defensive side, Dallas (4.5M – DEF) and the defensive midfielder Phillips (5.0M – MID) stand out.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Leeds Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.