In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Manchester City Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Manchester City
Last season was a disappointing one for Manchester CIty results-wise, as they were 20 points behind champions Liverpool on winter, and were mostly fighting for the number 2 spot throughout the year. Fantasy-wise the season was good, though, as City was dominating on their wins and their stars were putting up big numbers. The variety of choices in the offensive line made City a fantasy manager’s headache though, trying to guess which ones Pep will start every week.
Transfer Activity – Manchester City
- Ferran Torres (7.0 – MID)
- Nathan Ake (5.0 – DEF)
- Leroy Sane
- Jack Harrison
- David Silva
- Claudio Bravo
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Manchester City Fantasy Preview
What to expect for 20/21
Manchester City almost signed Messi in the offseason, which would have shifted the balance on the top heavily. Not accomplishing that, they only did a few changes in the squad, with an impressive young midfielder (Torres) and a solid wing-back (Ake) coming in. The absence of Sane and Silva won’t be felt much, as both of them didn’t play very many minutes in 19/20.
We expect Manchester City to have a much tighter fight with Liverpool for the league title, a stronger defense keeping more clean sheets, and less rotation among the attackers, as the roster depth got a bit lighter.
The stars – Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruine (12.5M – MID): The Belgian is the brightest among City’s stars, and the most expensive player in our game alongside Liverpool’s Salah (12.5M – MID). He is taking the free kicks and penalties, provides assists at a crazy pace, and this year he will play more minutes with Sane and Silva gone. He will be the captain for many fantasy teams, and rightfully so.
- Raheem Sterling (11.0M- MID): Sterling is a scoring machine. He scored 20 goals last season under heavy rotation, and with this incredible offensive line around him, we expect him to score even more this season.
Players to watch – Manchester City
- Foden (7.0M – MID): Foden was the revelation of City last year. The 20-year-old midfielder impressed everyone with his skills in the second part of the season and earned his playing minutes and starts. With Ferran Torres (7.0M – MID) coming in the team, we are not sure if Foden will be a consistent starter, but at 7.0M he more than meets the eye for our teams.
- Kun Aguero (11.5M – FOR):. Aguero had injury troubles throughout the year, not managing to play a lot. However, he managed to score 16 goals in a very short timeframe, and had he stayed healthy, he would be the hands-down top scorer of the league. We hope to see him well and come back to score week-after-week as he’s used to.
- Ferran Torres (7.0M – MID): Ferran Torres is coming in from Valencia, where he had a key role last season. He didn’t score much, but was contributing in both parts of the field and showed good signs. We don’t know yet what his role in City will be, but we’ll sure definitely keep an eye on him.
Key takeaways: Manchester City Fantasy Preview
Manchester City will fight Liverpool for the title once again. A flaming hot offense is for granted, with high production from the stars. Make sure you pick at least one City player on your squad and consider captaining one of their stars.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Manchester City Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.