In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Spurs Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Spurs
Last year was a disappointing rollercoaster for the Spurs. The year started off very slow, with the Spurs being in the bottom half of the standings for a while. Jose Mourinho came in to replace Mauricio Pochettino in November, in an effort to revamp the club. Mourinho brought changes to the tactics and players used, but it took a while to get the ship sailing in the right direction. The long-term injuries of Son and Kane didn’t help either, with Spurs playing effectively without a striker for a very long time.
Transfer Activity – Spurs
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (5.0M – MID)
- Joe Hart (4.5M – GK)
- Matt Doherty (6.5M – DEF)
- Jan Vertonghen
- Kyle Walker-Peters
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Spurs Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21
A far better season is expected for 20/21. Mourinho is closing a year in the manager spot, and had all offseason to prepare his team well. All key players are healthy, some much-needed help came for the right-back with Matt Doherty (6.5M – DEF), and both Kane (11.0M – FOR) and Son (10.0M – MID) are ready to shine.
The stars – Spurs
- Harry Kane (10.5M – FOR): Kane is, as always, the only choice for the striker position for Spurs. He’s a goal machine and should always be considered as a candidate for fantasy captain. This season starts in September, which means the August “curse” when he’s usually cold might not affect him this year.
- Heung-Min Son (10.0M – MID): Son missed a huge part of last season due to injuries. This year he’s back healthy, and we are looking forward to see his magic on the pitch once again. At 10.0M he might be a bit expensive right now, though.
Players to watch – Spurs
- Giovani Lo Celso (6.5M – MID): Lo Celso seemed to be one of Mourinho’s favorite choices last year. With his ceiling being very high, you should definitely keep an eye on him to see how his role progresses this season.
- Matt Doherty (6.5M – DEF): Doherty is the best new signing for the Spurs, coming from a very hot season with Wolves. We expect Doherty to not only take the starting spot, but to have a key role in the Spurs offense from the sides.
- Steven Bergwijn (7.0M – MID): Bergwijn impressed last season while Harry Kane (10.5M – FOR) was unavailable. He seems to be more comfortable and trusted now, and we expect him to take his fair amount of chances in 20/21.
Key takeaways: Spurs Fantasy preview
Mourinho will present a much tougher squad this year. Harry Kane (10.5M – FOR) will lead the goal scorers and compete for the golden boot, and a healthy Son (10.0M – MID) should provide many goals and assists as well. A deep roster behind them will be sorted out during the season to find out who are the best fantasy values among the cheaper options.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Spurs Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.