In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth West Ham Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – West Ham
West Ham started the season with high expectations, but soon they understood that the season won’t be good for them. The start was rough and they had to fire their head coach Manuel Pellegrini to turn it around. They stayed in the league finishing in 16th place (10 wins, 9 draws, and 19 losses), just 5 points above the red zone. Their defense was bad, but the offense was really good. Michel Antonio (6.5M – FOR) had some extraordinary appearances after the restart and helped his team stay in the Premier League.
Transfer Activity – West Ham
- Tomas Soucek (4.5M – MID)
- Sead Haksabanovic
- Carlos Sanchez
- Pablo Zabaleta
- Dan Kemp
- Grady Diangana
Fanteam Premier League 1M: West Ham Fantasy Preview
What to expect for 20/21
We have to expect a tougher defense. Also, West Ham has very difficult matches in the first 7 games. Except for their first home game with Newcastle, their next games are with Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham, Manchester City, and Liverpool. So the smarter choice is to avoid every one of the West Ham players for the first matches. After the 7th game with Liverpool, West Ham will have a good schedule and especially the stars will be appealing. So mark your calendars for Gameweek 8!
The stars – West Ham
- Michail Antonio (6.5M – FOR): Last season he finished really strong but as a midfielder the fantasy. He scored 4 goals in a single match with a total of 10 goals and 4 assists. At his price, he will be pretty popular in the forwards. But in the difficult matches in the start, West Ham might struggle a lot.
- Pablo Fornals (5.5M – MID): He led West Ham’s assists last season with 7. This season he might become a good midfielder for fantasy. His price at 5.5M makes him a cheaper option but we have to stay away for the first few weeks.
- Declan Rice (4.5M – MID): He is the man of the team. He has the bigger name and he is the captain. He plays every single minute for his team and last season scored 1 goal and gave 5 assists. His low price makes him definitely a player to consider for your Fanteam 1M squad, especially after the first tough matches.
Players to watch – West Ham
- Sebastian Haller (7.0M – FOR): Last season was his first in the league. He contributed 7 goals and 3 assists. If he can link up well with the rest of the team and especially Michail Antonio (6.5M – FOR), then he might get a lot of points for your team. Probably for his price at 7M you can find something better though.
- Jarrod Bowen (5.5M – MID): He finished strong as well with Michail Antonio (6.5M – FOR). He is a talented player and West Ham expects him to play well. Last season he had 1 goal and 4 assists, but expect him to produce much more this year He is a player to watch.
Key takeaways: West Ham Fantasy preview
West Ham has a really difficult schedule in the first matches. The smarter choice is to get some players after the 7th game. Michail Antonio (6.5M – FOR) is the hotter name at this time for West Ham.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: West Ham Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.