In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Everton Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Everton
Everton’s last year was terrible. After a 12th place finish which was the lowest since the 2003-2004 season this year they want to redeem themselves. In the previous season, they won 13 games, had 10 draws and 15 losses. With 56 goals against them and -12 in goal difference, their defense was all over the place, especially for a team with high expectations.
Transfer Activity – Everton
- Allan (5.5M – MID)
- James Rodriguez (7.0M – MID)
- Abdouylaye Doucoure (6.0M – MID)
- Oumar Niasse
- Morgan Schneiderlin
- Maarten Stekelenburg
Fanteam Premier League 1M: Everton Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21
For this season Everton looks better. They got some really good transfers and they seem to be a stronger team. Doucoure (6.0M – MID) will definitely help the defense to toughen up and link up the midfield with the defense. Also, James Rodriguez (7.0M – MID) will be the star of the team alongside Richarlison (8.5M – FOR).
The stars – Everton
- James Rodriguez (7.0M – MID): The Colombian midfielder will now have a big role in Everton. He has great quality and he can contribute a lot of assists for the strikers. If he links up well with Richarlison (FOR – 8.5M) then at 7.0M is a very good pick.
- Richarlison (FOR – 8.5M): This season he is forward and not a midfielder. Last year, he contributed 13 goals and 5 assists. Now we have to see how he will work up with James (7.0M – FOR). We believe that he is a safe choice and he will have a good year like the previous one.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson (MID – 7.5M): Last season he didn’t score a lot of fantasy points. He only scored 6 times and he played less than the previous season. With James around, he might not be a star anymore and at 7.5M he is not appealing.
Players to watch – Everton
- Allan (5.5M – MID): The new midfielder from Napoli is finding Carlo Ancelotti again, after the two of them were together in Napoli. He is a player to watch and see his role in the team.
- Jordan Pickford (4.5M – GK): The #1 England’s goalkeeper has to do better than the poor performance he put in last season. If Everton can toughen up their defense and Pickford plays better, then he can be a really good choice for your FPL team. His price is low and that makes him more tempting.
- Lucas Digne (6.0M – DEF): The French defender is definitely a player to watch. He has the potential of getting more clean sheets this year and with his ability to affect the offense too is a guy to watch out. We expect him to be a popular choice.
Key takeaways: Everton Fantasy preview
We expect a huge improvement for Everton this year. After the disappointing 12th place this year they must return in the top half. They had some really good transfers and they hope the new arrivals will help with the consistency and the defense. If defense does better and toughens up, then the Everton’s defenders will be tempting. Also, the big transfer of a name like James Rodriguez (7.0M – MID) should be appealing for any Fanteam fantasy manager.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Everton Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.