In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Liverpool Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Liverpool
Last years champions where impressive on both sides of the pitch! Trent Alexander-Arnold (7.5M – DEF) and Andrew Robertson (7.0M – DEF) pushed from the sides, and Salah (12.5M – MID) with Mané (12.0M – MID) worked their wonders on the wings to fuel an extraordinary fantasy production for the season.
Transfer Activity – Liverpool
- Konstantinos Tsimikas (5.0M – DEF)
- Daniel Atherton
- Pedro Chirivella
- Nathaniel Clyne
- Shamal George
- Jack Walls
- Dejan Lovren
- Adam Lallana
- Morgan Boyes
- Ovie Ejaria
What to expect for 20/21 – Liverpool
Not much has changed for the champions. Lovren and Lallana where the only big names to be transferred out, but neither of them was a key piece of last year’s squad. We expect Liverpool to compete with Manchester City for the title once again, but given City’s improvement in the offseason, this time could the fight should be closer.
Fantasy-wise, the strong defense will produce many clean sheets, the side-backs will keep providing goals and assists, and the offensive stars should continue to fill the stats sheets. With both defense and offense being value plays, it’s a tough decision on who to draft in your team.
The stars – Liverpool
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (7.5M – DEF): Priced at 7.5M, he is the highest-priced defender of the game for 20/21. We feel his price is more than justified and expects even greater things this year. If Van Djik (6.0M – DEF) stays healthy and holds his defensive ground, expect Alexander-Arnold to be the top-scoring defender of the game once again.
- Mohammed Salah (12.5M – MID): Salah is the most expensive player in the game alongside Kevin De Bruine (12.5M – MID), as he led the champions last year and is expected to do so once again. With the 3 substitutions rule to be back, we expect Salah to play more minutes and finish games in 20/21, which means higher production and more chances to score.
Players to watch – Liverpool
- Sadio Mane (12.0M – MID): Mane will again compete with Salah (12.5M – MID) for Liverpool’s goals and assists, and may be easily the highest scoring player of the game this season. He is the only player in the game priced at 12.0M, and his price speaks of itself.
- Andrew Robertson (7.0M – DEF): Robertson is maybe the top left-back in the world right now. Last season he finished very close to Alexander-Arnold (7.5M – DEF) and this is why he’s the second most expensive defender in this season’s game.
- Konstantinos Tsimikas (5.0M – DEF): Tsimikas was the only transfer of the off-season, coming in from an impressive season with Olympiakos. The left-back will have Robertson (7.0M – DEF) in front of him, but with the shorter season, he might get his fair share of starts and be a great option for a back-up.
Key takeaways: Liverpool Fantasy preview
Liverpool will once again dominate the league and play the football we’ve been used to. Investing in Liverpool defense is probably a wise choice, and any of their two wings are great selections for your captain spot. The question is not whether or not to pick Liverpool’s players, but who to choose and if you should prefer offense or defense.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: Liverpool Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.