In this Fanteam Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth West Brom Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our Fanteam Premier League 1M Fantasy preview. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – West Brom
Last season West Brom finished second in the Championship and gained their return to the Premier League. West Brom were above the promotion line throughout the season, ending up with only 7 losses, and just one in the first 24 games of the season! Their forwards Charlie Austin and Hal Robson-Kanu split the offensive effort with 10 goals each, but their best player was definitely Matheus Pereira with 8 goals and 16 assists!
Transfer Activity – West Brom
- Cedric Kipre (4.5M – DEF)
- Grady Diangana (5.5M – MID)
- David Button (4.0M – GK)
- Chris Brunt
- Finn Azaz
- Josh Griffiths
- Jonathan Leko
Fanteam Premier League 1M: West Brom Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21
This season will be very challenging for a newcoming team. West Brom will probably be fighting for survival all year, as they didn’t have the time to form a solid Premier League team. They preferred to keep the same squad, acquiring Pereira (6.0M – MID) and Diangana (5.5M – MID), who both were at West Brom on loan last season.
We might see a lot of transfer activity from West Brom until the transfer deadline and in winter, so we can’t make great recommendations for who to pick in your fantasy team.
The stars – West Brom
- Matheus Pereira (6.0M – MID): Pereira is certainly the most exciting fantasy player for West Brom. He was very hot last year and should be ready to show off his playmaking skills in the big league. At 6.0M we consider him a bargain.
- Semi Ajayi (5.0M – DEF): Ajayi is the jewel of West Brom’s defense. His starting spot in the center backs is locked. If the team opts to play a defensive style and acquires clean sheets, he’s the one to go for.
Players to watch – West Brom
- Charlie Austin (6.0M – FOR): Austin will probably share the striker spot with Robson-Kanu (5.5M – FOR) at the start of the year, with Austin having a slight advantage. If the team doesn’t transfer in another strike, it would be nice to have a team’s top goal scorer at 6.0M.
- Matt Phillips (5.5M – MID): Phillips will be the top choice for the left wing, with some competition in the name of Diangana (5.5M – MID). Keep an eye on Phillips to score and assist a lot down the season.
- Kamil Grosicki (4.0M – MID): Priced at 4.0M, the experienced Polish winger might get some serious playing minutes and chances if no more transfers arrive to the team.
Key takeaways: West Brom Fantasy preview
West Brom will definitely struggle this year. They are a tough team to beat, for sure, and they don’t concede goals easily. However, they come in with a Championship squad and they don’t look promising so far. Matheus Pereira (6.0M – MID) looks to be the only safe choice for your teams right now.Play now
I hope you liked the Fanteam Premier League 1M: West Brom Fantasy preview. Leave your comments below and don´t forget to hit that like button.