The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with five Gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek 5 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 5 in a glance
This gameweek had some really close match-ups. With 28 goals across 10 matches, two games with 6 goals each, and 15 out of the 20 teams scoring!
The weekend started off with a really good match where Everton was hosting Liverpool. Liverpool took the lead two times, but Everton didn’t give up and managed to get the draw. In the evening, Chelsea played against Southampton. In a match with many goals Southampton made the comeback and in the last minute they scored a goal for the draw with 3-3 score. Manchester City won the close match against Arsenal with 1-0 thanks to Raheem Sterling and Manchester United managed to turn the match around against Newcastle and win with 1-4 score.
Sunday started with Sheffield United hosting Fulham and the match ended in a 1-1 score. Next, Crystal Palace played versus Brighton. The hosting team played really well and the 1-1 final score seemed unfair. West Ham made a crazy comeback against Spurs returning from 3-0 to 3-3. In the last match of the day Aston Villa “stole’’ the win against Leicester with a 0-1 score in the final minute.
We also had two matches on Monday, where West Brom hosted Burnley in a match without goals. It was the first match of the season with a 0-0 score. In the last match of this gameweek, Leeds hosted Wolves. Raul Jimenez found the way to score and give the close win to Wolves with a 0-1 score.
Results in Gameweek 5
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Everton 2-2 Liverpool
S.Mane (A.Robertson), M.Keane (J.Rodriguez), M.Salah, D.Calvert-Lewin (L.Digne)
Chelsea 3-3 Southampton
T.Werner (B.Chilwell), T.Werner (Jorginho), D.Ings (C.Adams), C.Adams, K.Havertz (T.Werner), J.Vestergaard (T.Walcott)
Manchester City 1-0 Arsenal
Newcastle 1-4 Manchester United
L.Shaw OG (E.Krafth), H.Maguire (J.Mata), B.Fernandes (M. Rashford), A.Wan-Bissaka (M. Rashford), M. Rashford (B.Fernandes)
Sheffield United 1-1 Fulham
Lookman, B.Sharp (J.Robinson)
Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton
W.Zaha (M.Batshuayi), A.Mac Allister (A.Connolly)
Spurs 3-3 West Ham
H.Son (H.Kane), H.Kane (H.Son), H.Kane (S.Reguilon), F.Balbuena (A.Cresswell), D.Sanchez OG (V.Coufal), Lanzini
Leicester 0-1 Aston Villa
West Brom 0-0 Burnley
First 0-0 of the season, after 47 games!!!
Leeds 0-1 Wolves
R.Jimenez (Max Kilman)
GW5 Review: Players that stood out
- Marcus Rashford (9.9M – FOR): He was the best player of Manchester United and he stood out for his team to win against Newcastle. First, he won a penalty for his team but unfortunately, the goalkeeper of Newcastle saved Bruno Fernandes’s kick. After that, he gave two assists and he scored one goal. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Timo Werner (9.9M – FOR): After four matches without a goal he returned to play in his original position. With two amazing plays he scored twice and he gave the assist of the third. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Harry Kane (11.2M – FOR): Once again Kane had a great match. He gave one assist to Heung-Min Son in the first minute of the match and then in 15’ minutes he scored two goals. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Heung-Min Son (10.2M – MID): Son played really well for Spurs. He scored a goal in the first minute of the match and he gave the assist in the second one. After he got substituted in the 80th minute of the match his team conceded 3 goals. He is the top scorer of the league alongside D.Calvert-Lewin (8.2M – FOR) with 7 goals. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Bruno Fernandes (11.0M – MID): He missed a penalty but after that, he scored a goal and gave an assist. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Rasheem Sterling (11.0M – MID): After Kevin De Bruyne’s (12.4M – MID) injury, he managed to stand out and score a goal against Arsenal in a close match. He scored the only goal in the match and he gave his team the important win. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Ross Barkley (5.5M -MID): Barkley seems to fit really well in Aston Villa. The second appearance for him and he scored his second goal. He gave his team the win against Leicester with an amazing shot in the additional time of the second half. (10 Fantasy Points)
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 5
- Emiliano Martinez (4.5M – Aston Villa): Martinez is impressive with Aston Villa. He made some really great saves (5) and gave his team the clean sheet. (9.5 Fantasy Points)
- Nick Pope (5.4M – Burnley): He was by far the best player of his team and his important saves gave his team the clean sheet. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Ederson (5.9M – Manchester City): The goalkeeper had some great saves and he helped his team get the first clean sheet in for this season. He made 3 important saves. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Rui Patricio (5.0M – Wolves): He made 2 saves and took the clean sheet. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Sam Johnstone (4.5M – West Brom): With his 4 saves he didn’t let his team concede a goal and he achieved the first clean sheet of West Brom. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Karl Darlow (4.3M – Newcastle): Once again the goalkeeper of Newcastle had a great game! He made 7 saves and he also saved a penalty forcing B.Fernandes (11.0M – MID) to his first missed penalty kick. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 5
- Max Kilman (4.0M – DEF): He was the best defender of the week with a clean sheet and an assist to Raul Jimenez (8.9M – FOR). He made a really good appearance in defense and stopped the offenses from his side. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka (5.9M – Manchester United): The defender of United scored his first goal. He played well throughout the game, creating many chances, and ended up being rewarded for it. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Harry Maguire (5.5M – Manchester United): The center-back tied the score with a nice header. (9 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 5
- Heung-Min Son (10.2M – Spurs): He scored a goal and he also gave an assist. He was substituted before Southampton scored and got the extra point off the clean sheet. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Bruno Fernandes (11.0 – Manchester United): He missed a penalty but after that he scored a goal and gave an assist. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Rasheem Sterling (11.0 – Spurs): He scored the only goal in the match and he gave his team the important win. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Ross Barkley (5.5M – Aston Villa): In just his 2nd match with the team, Barkley scored in the last minutes of the game to get a great win for his team. (10 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 5
- Marcus Rashford (9.9M – FOR): He was one of the best forwards of GW5. He gave two assists and he scored one goal. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Harry Kane (11.2M – Spurs): The Spurs star scored two goals and also gave an assist. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Timo Werner (9.9M – FOR): He scored 2 beautiful goals and he also gave an assist. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (8.3M – Everton): The striker of Everton scored again. So far, he scored in all 5 matches and he is the top scorer in the league with 7 goals. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Che Adams (5.6M – Southampton): He had a great match with a goal and an assist. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Raul Jimenez (8.9M – Wolves): He was the best player of his match and scored the only goal, giving his team the win.
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 5
Four wins in four matches and third match without conceding a goal for Aston Villa. It’s their best start since 1930. Aston Villa made a really strong team and we are looking forward to seeing if they will continue to impress us. This weekend they played at Leicester and they got a significant win against a really good team. Even though Leicester played without two of their most important players Jamie Vardy (10.6M – FOR) and Caglar Soyuncu (5.0M – DEF), it doesn’t make them weak. Emiliano Martinez (4.5M – GK) had a great game and he made some difficult saves giving his team their third clean sheet in four matches. Ross Barkley (5.5M – MID) was the man of the match with that amazing goal in the last minute of the match.
Harry Kane – Heung-Min Son
What an unbelievable pair. The two of them cooperate so well and they are by far the best duo in the league. This game week once again they scored two goals with their cooperation. They seem unstoppable and that explains the high percentages of the managers that have them in their roster.
West Ham’s come back
They were losing with 3-0 ten minutes before the additional time and scored 3 goals. They made history with that come back. No other team has achieved such a come back so late in the game. West Ham has proven they can’t be underestimated this season.
After the disappointing gameweek 4, Manchester United bounced back. Even though they conceded a goal and they were losing they managed to turn the match around against Newcastle. They showed character and scored 3 goals after the 85th minute. Marcus Rashford (9.9M – FOR) was the best player that made the difference in the field. He scored the last goal and gave two assists.
He didn’t score in the first 4 matches. But on GW5, he returned to his original position as a centre forward and was impressive. He made two beautiful plays and scored two goals. Later on, he gave the assist to the third goal of his team.
The all-time leading scorer of Manchester City returned to action after four months. Manchester City have many injured players and they desperately needed a striker. The comeback of the popular striker gave more clear roles to the players in the offense and City played better.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 5
If we took the first half of the match, the Spurs would be on the Most Impressive section… However, they were leading 3-0 until the 80th minute and they managed not to win. They conceded 3 goals in the last minutes of the match with some serious mistakes from the defense. Davinson Sanchez (5.0M – DEF) had an own goal and helped West Ham return to the game.
This match couldn’t be worse for the Serbian striker. Mitrovic missed a penalty kick for taking the lead and later in the game committed a penalty. He also missed many opportunities for scoring a goal.
Virgil van Dijk
The popular defender of Liverpool suffered a serious injury this weekend. It seems like he won’t play again this season. Liverpool lost the best defender of the league and now will have a big problem in defense.
Chelsea was bad once again in the defense against Southampton. Even though they were leading with 2-0 they conceded two goals. They took the lead again with 3-2 but in the final minute, Southampton scored again and took the draw. Chelsea was bad in the 2nd half and they could lose the game. The biggest disappointment from the Blues was Kepa (4.8M – GK). He made terrible mistakes and the 2 of the 3 goals he conceded were his fault. It seems like Kepa will lose his place in the starting line-up.
Newcastle suffered a melt-down at the end of the match. They managed to have the draw against Manchester United but in just 10 minutes before the end of the match, they conceded 3 goals.
All Fantasy Previews & Team Analysis
Arsenal | Aston Villa | Brighton | Burnley | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Fulham | Leeds | Leicester | Liverpool | Manchester City | Manchester United | Newcastle | Sheffield United | Southampton | Tottenham | West Brom | West Ham | Wolverhampton
Before you go…
If you are new to FanTeam or have yet to make your first deposit…This offer is exclusively available to you!
Simply register for your free account by clicking the banner below. When you deposit €20 and place a €20 bet on the SportsBook, you’ll get €20 back, as cash, straight in to your FanTeam account.
The €20 is paid in cash – not free bets or any other hidden, sneaky wager-required traps – simply deposit €20, place a €20 bet on the SportsBook and receive €20 in cash, for you to withdraw or play with.