The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with six Gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek 6 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 6 in a glance
This gameweek was different. We used to have many goals in the matches, but this weekend the defenses were better. With only 19 goals across 10 matches, only 3 games with 3 goals, but 14 out of the 20 teams scoring! It was also our first 4-day gameweek of the season, with matches both on Friday and Monday.
Friday – 1 match
The weekend started off with a match on Friday with Aston Villa hosting Leeds. Aston Villa was defeated for the first time this season. Leeds got a huge win with a 0-3 score with Patrick Bamford scoring a stunning hat-trick.
Saturday – 4 matches
Saturday started with West Ham hosting Manchester City. West Ham managed to take the lead and Manchester City couldn’t turn the match around. The match ended as a draw with a 1-1 score. Crystal Palace managed to get the important win at Fulham with a 1-2 score. In the evening Manchester United played against Chelsea in a match without goals. In the final match of the day, Liverpool got the win against Sheffield United. Liverpool managed to turn the match around after the goal they conceded and win with a 2-1 score.
Sunday – 3 matches
Sunday started later than usual as there were only 3 matches on the schedule. Southampton won against Everton with a 2-0 score. Wolves didn’t manage to hold the lead against Newcastle and in 89’ minutes conceded a goal for a 1-1 score. In the final game of the day, Arsenal hosted Leicester. Once again Leicester played without some of their best players cause of injuries. The star of the team Jamie Vardy wasn’t in the starting line-up and he played as a substitution for 30 minutes. He managed to find the important goal and give his team a close win with a 0-1 score.
Monday – 2 matches
We also had two matches on Monday. Brighton hosted West Brom. It was a close match where Brighton didn’t take advantage of the opportunities they had for goals. The game ended as a draw with a 1-1 score. In the final game of the gameweek 6, Spurs played at Burnley. The good defense of Burnley didn’t let Spurs score a lot of goals. But once again with their stars, Son and Kane found the way to combine and take the win with a 0-1 score.
Results in Gameweek 6
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Aston Villa 0-3 Leeds
Patrick Bamford (Rodrigo), Patrick Bamford (M.Klich), Patrick Bamford (H.Costa)
West Ham 1-1 Manchester City
M.Antonio (V.Coufal), P.Foden (J.Cancelo)
Fulham 1-2 Crystal Palace
J.Riedewald (W.Zaha), W.Zaha (M.Batshuayi), T.Cairney (H.Reed)
Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea
Liverpool 2-1 Sheffield United
S.Berge (O.McBurnie), R.Firmino (S.Mane), D.Jota (S.Mane)
Southampton 2-0 Everton
J.Ward-Prowse (D.Ings), C.Adams (D.Ings)
Wolves 1-1 Newcastle
R.Jimenez, J.Murphy (C.Wilson)
Arsenal 0-1 Leicester
Brighton 1-1 West Brom
J.Livermore OG, K.Grant (C.Robinson)
Burnley 0-1 Spurs
GW6 Review: Players that stood out
- Patrick Bamford (6.7M – FOR): The striker of Leeds was by far the best player of this gameweek. He scored a hat-trick against an undefeated team giving his team a huge win in Aston Villa’s stadium. (16 Fantasy Points)
- Jairo Riedewald (4.0M – DEF): He scored a goal and gave his team the lead. He also got the clean sheet. When he got substituted the team conceded a goal. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Wilfred Zaha (6.7M – MID): Once again the midfielder of Crystal Palace had a great match. He gave a beautiful assist to Riedewald and he also scored a difficult goal. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Sadio Mane (11.9M – MID): The star of Liverpool contributed two assists for both goals of his team. He helped his team turn the match around. (10 Fantasy Points)
- James Ward-Prowse (6.3M – MID): He scored a nice goal and he gave his team the lead for the win. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Danny Ings (8.5M – FOR): The striker of Southampton showed his talent. He showed he can pass and with two assists was one of the best strikers of this gameweek. (10 Fantasy Points)
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 6
- Kasper Schmeichel (5.0M – Leicester): He was the best goalkeeper of the gameweek with a clean sheet and 4 saves. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Illan Meslier (4.1M – Leeds): He made some really great saves (3) and he helped his team get a clean sheet. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Hugo Lloris (5.0M – Spurs): The experienced goalkeeper had 3 saves and he got a clean sheet. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Edouard Mendy (5.0M – Chelsea): The young goalkeeper was the best player in his match. He made some amazing saves and he didn’t let Manchester United score a goal. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Alex McCarthy (4.5M – Southampton): Southampton made their 3rd clean sheet. McCarthy with 2 saves and a clean sheet is among the best goalkeepers of GW6. (8 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 6
- Jairo Riedewald (4.0M – Crystal Palace): He was the best defender and one of the top players of this gameweek. He scored a goal and he got a clean sheet. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Lyke Ayling (4.8M – Leeds): He saved his team from conceding a goal. He saved the ball on the line. Ayling and his teammates got the clean sheet. (7 Fantasy Points)
- Ryan Bertrand (4.5M – Southampton): He helped his team in defense and offense. Southampton’s defense kept Everton away from their goal. Everton had scored in every match so far. (7 Fantasy Points)
- Timothy Castagne (5.2M – Leicester): The defense of Leicester managed to keep Arsenal without a goal. Castagne was one of the two players of his defense without a yellow card. (7 Fantasy Points)
- Ben Davies (5.0M – Spurs): Spurs got their first clean sheet and Davies had a great opportunity to score a goal. He helped his team in defense and in offense really well. (7 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 6
- Wilfred Zaha (6.7M – Crystal Palace): With a goal and an assist he was the best midfielder of the week. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Sadio Mane (11.9M – Liverpool): He gave two assists and help Liverpool to turn the match around. (10 Fantasy Points)
- James Ward-Prowse (6.3M – Southampton): He scored his first goal of the season and he gave his team the lead for the important win over Everton. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Heung-Min Son (10.3M – Spurs): Once again Son is among the best midfielders of the gameweek. He scored the only goal of the match and gave Spurs the win. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Jacob Murphy (5.0M – Newcastle): He scored a beautiful goal from a free-kick. He gave his team the draw. (8 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 6
- Patrick Bamford (6.7M – Leeds): The striker of Leeds had an amazing night on Friday. He scored a hat-trick. Two of his goals were absolutely beautiful. He was the best player of GW6 (16 Fantasy Points)
- Danny Ings (8.5M – Southampton): He is the main target of the offense but this time he gave 2 assists. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Che Adams (5.6M – Southampton): Second game in a row with a goal for Adams. He cooperates well with his teammate D.Ings (8.5M – FOR). (7 Fantasy Points)
- Micky Batshuayi (5.0M – Crystal Palace): He found his role in the team and he gave a really nice assist to W.Zaha (6.7M – MID). It’s the second game in a row for him with an assist. (7 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 6
The newcomer team had a great win in Aston Villa’s stadium. Leeds impressed us for another gameweek. They managed to stop their undefeated record and get a huge win with a big score. Thanks to Patrick Bamford’s (6.7M – FOR) amazing night, Leeds won with a 0-3 score. The striker of the team was exceptional and he scored a hat-trick.
Leicester is suffering from injuries, but they managed to get the win against Arsenal in Emirates stadium. Even though Vardy wasn’t ready to play the whole match, just 20’ minutes were enough to find a way to win Arsenal.
They played really well and forced Everton to their first loss of the season. Southampton was really good at defense they became the first team that stopped Everton from scoring a goal. Southampton got their 3rd clean sheet in 6 matches
This week they hosted Manchester City and they managed to get some points. They found a way to take the lead with a beautiful goal from Michail Antonio (6.5M – FOR). West Ham played good defense and didn’t let Manchester City have a lot of opportunities for goals.
Son – Kane
The duo of Spurs once again contributed the goal. They gave their team the close win. Each week more managers add them to their teams.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 6
They struggle a lot against the top teams. This week played against Leicester and lost. Arsenal didn’t find a way to score, even though Leicester suffers from injuries. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (10.8M – FOR) is without a goal for 5 matches and he disappoints the managers they have him.
They had their first loss this gameweek. Everton played without Richarlison (8.4M – FOR) and Coleman (5.0M – DEF). Also, James Rodriguez (7.2M – MID) struggled in this match because he suffered an injury this week but he played. At the end of the match, he seemed to be in pain. The biggest disappointment was Lucas Digne (5.9M – DEF). He made a dangerous tackling and he received a red card.
Manchester City was disappointing once again. They didn’t manage to win and after 5 games they have 2 wins, 2 draws, and 1 loss. This gameweek had a draw against West Ham with a 1-1 score. Sergio Aguero (11.2M – FOR) played only the first half and now he is injured again. In this match, Raheem Sterling (11.0M – MID) didn’t score or assist.
They had the opportunity to climb to the first spot of the championship, but they suffered a big loss from Leeds with a 0-3 score. After 4 wins it’s their 1st loss and now they have some challenging matches.
Create your team!
The €50,000 prize pool is guaranteed – this means, regardless of whether the cash league fills or no, we will pay out the entire prize pool winnings, as advertised.Play now
Before you go…
If you are new to FanTeam or have yet to make your first deposit…This offer is exclusively available to you!
Simply register for your free account by clicking the banner below. When you deposit €20 and place a €20 bet on the SportsBook, you’ll get €20 back, as cash, straight in to your FanTeam account.
The €20 is paid in cash – not free bets or any other hidden, sneaky wager-required traps – simply deposit €20, place a €20 bet on the SportsBook and receive €20 in cash, for you to withdraw or play with.