The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with seven Gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek 7 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Review: Gameweek 7 in a glance
This gameweek was really interesting. After the gameweek 6 with only 19 goals, we returned to a more common number of goals. We had 30 goals across 10 matches, and 15 out of the 20 teams scoring!
The weekend started off with a Friday match, with Wolves hosting Crystal Palace. Wolves got the close win with a 2-0 score.
Saturday started with Sheffield United hosting Manchester City. The Citizens managed to find a way to score and get the 0-1 win. In the evening, Burnley hosted Chelsea in a dominant match for the Blues. Chelsea got the away win with a 0-3 score. In the final match of the day, Liverpool got the win against West Ham. Liverpool once again conceded an early goal. Salah with a penalty kick managed to equalize the score before the end of the first half and a goal from Jota in the 85’ minute gave Liverpool the win with a 2-1 score.
We had four matches on Sunday. Southampton won against Aston Villa in a match with a lot of goals with a 3-4 score. Newcastle overcame Everton with 2-1, with Wilson standing out once again. In the most exciting game of the weekend, Arsenal got the away win against Manchester United. Arsenal scored the only goal of the match with a penalty kick from Aubameyang. In the last game of the day, Spurs hosted Brighton with Spurs getting the win with a 2-1 score.
We also had two matches on Monday. Fulham got an important win for their survival against West Brom with a 2-0 score. In the closer game of the gameweek 7, Leicester got a big away win against Leeds. Jamie Vardy led his team to their 4th away win and Leicester climbed to the 2nd place of the championship.
Results in Gameweek 7
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace
R.Ait Nouri, D.Podence (P.Neto)
Sheffield United 0-1 Manchester City
K.Walker (K.De Bruyne)
Burnley 0-3 Chelsea
H.Ziyech (T.Abraham), K.Zouma (M.Mount), T.Werner (H.Ziyech)
Liverpool 2-1 West Ham
P.Fornals, M.Salah, D.Jota (X.Shaqiri)
Aston Villa 3-4 Southampton
J.Vestergaard (J.Ward-Prowse), J.Ward-Prowse (T.Walcott), J.Ward-Prowse (C.Adams), D.Ings (S.Armstrong), T.Mings (J.Grealish), O.Watkins (J.Grealish), J.Grealish (D.Luiz)
Newcastle 2-1 Everton
C.Wilson, C.Wilson (R.Fraser)
Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal
Spurs 2-1 Brighton
H.Kane, T.Lamptey (P.Groß), G.Bale (S.Reguilon)
Fulham 2-0 West Brom
B.Reid (A.Mitrovic), O.Aina (A.Mitrovic)
Leeds 1-4 Leicester
H.Barnes (J.Vardy),Y.Tielemans (J.Vardy), S.Dallas (J.Harrison), J.Vardy (C.Under), Y.Tielemans (J.Maddison)
GW7 Review: Players that stood out
- James Ward-Prowse (6.3M – MID): The midfielder of Southampton made an unbelievable match. First, he provided the assist of the first goal from a free-kick, and then he scored 2 goals from fantastic free-kicks. (16 Fantasy Points)
- Youri Tielemans (6.5M – MID): He was really good this weekend and he scored twice. Tielemans scored his second goal with a penalty kick. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Jamie Vardy (10.6M – FOR): He was by far the best player on the field. He led his team to victory by providing two assists and scoring a goal. After he got substituted Leicester won a penalty and he missed the opportunity for a second goal. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Rayan Ait Nouri (4.5M – DEF): That was his first match this season in the Premier League. He scored a goal and gave his team the lead. He also got the clean sheet. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Kyle Walker (5.8M – DEF): The right-back of Manchester City scored the only goal in the match. He unlocked the tough defense of Sheffield United with a great long-range shot. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Kurt Zouma (4.6M – DEF): The center-back of Chelsea scored with a nice header. He was also really good on defense and helped the Blues keep the clean sheet. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Ola Aina (4.5M – DEF): The defender of Fulham scored a beautiful goal. He also got the clean sheet against West Brom. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Jack Grealish (6.7M – MID): The star of Aston Villa didn’t give up. With two assists and one goal, he didn’t let his team accept the huge loss. (13 Fantasy Points)
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 7
- Bernd Leno (5.0M – Arsenal): The goalkeeper of Arsenal made 3 saves and didn’t let Manchester United score. He was the best goalkeeper of the GW7. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Rui Patricio (5.0M – Wolves): The experienced goalkeeper had 2 saves and he got a clean sheet. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Ederson (5.8M – Manchester City): Second clean sheet for Manchester City. Ederson made one keeper save and got the points for the clean sheet and the win. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
- Alphonse Areola (4.5M – Fulham): The goalkeeper of Fulham made one save and got the clean sheet against West Brom. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
- Edouard Mendy (5.0M – Chelsea): Chelsea wasn’t threatened at all by Burnley. Mendy got the clean sheet. (7 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 7
- Rayan Ait Nouri (4.5M – Wolves): He was the best defender and one of the top players of this gameweek. He scored a goal and he got a clean sheet. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Kyle Walker (5.8M – Manchester City): Walker scored the only goal in the match with a beautiful long-range goal. He got the extra points from the clean sheet. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Kurt Zouma (4.6M – Chelsea): The center-back scored a goal with a nice header and he got the clean sheet. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Ola Aina (4.5M – DEF): The right-back of Fulham with a great shot scored the second goal for his team. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Hector Bellerin (4.6M – Arsenal): In a close match with Manchester United Bellerin was good at both ends. He won a penalty for his team and P.Aubameyang scored. He got a fantasy assist and a clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 7
- James Ward-Prowse (6.3M – Southampton): He made an amazing appearance. He scored two goals and also provided an assist. (16 Fantasy Points)
- Youri Tielemans (6.5M – Leicester): Tielemans had a great match and he scored twice. His second goal was with a penalty kick. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Jack Grealish (6.7M – Aston Villa): The star of Aston Villa tried his best for the come-back. He gave two assists and he also scored a goal. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Hakim Ziyech (8.2M – Chelsea): He scored a goal and he also provided an assist in his first game as a starter. (12 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 7
- Jamie Vardy (10.6M – Leicester): The star of the Foxes scored a goal and provided two assists. He was the best forward of the gameweek. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Callum Wilson (6.6M – Newcastle): Wilson led Newcastle to victory against Everton with scoring two goals. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Aleksandar Mitrovic (6.2M – Fulham): The Serbian striker had a really good game against West Brom. He provided two assists and he is among the best forwards of the gameweek. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Harry Kane (11.3M – Spurs): The popular striker won and scored a penalty kick. He gave his team the lead early in the match. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Timo Werner (9.9M – Chelsea): He played the whole match and he scored a goal. (8 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 7
The Londoners got an important away win against Burnley with a 0-3 score. They were dominating in the field and scored three goals without a threat to concede any. The goalkeeper Edouard Mendy (5.0M – GK) finished the match without a keeper save, but with a clean sheet. Hakim Ziyech (8.2M – MID) was in the starting line-up and he made a great appearance by scoring a goal and providing an assist. He led his team to victory. The center-back of the team, Kurt Zouma (4.6M – DEF) scored his third goal of the season with a nice header.
Arsenal got their first Premier League away win over Manchester United since 2006. Their defense was strong and didn’t let United score. Bernd Leno (5.0M – GK) made three important saves. Hector Bellerin (4.6M – DEF) won a penalty kick for his team and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (10.8M – FOR) scored. After 5 games without a goal, the star of the team put an end to that negative streak.
The Foxes were amazing against Leeds on Monday night. They got a huge away win against a tough opponent. Leicester is undefeated in away games. They now count 4 away wins against West Brom, Manchester City, Arsenal, and Leeds with 13 goals scored and 3 goals against them. Jamie Vardy (10.6M – FOR) was the best player on the field. He led his team to victory by scoring a goal and providing two assists. Youri Tielemans (6.5M – MID) was great with scoring two goals and Harvey Barnes (7.5M – MID) also scored once.
The Saints had a really great match against Aston Villa. James Ward-Prowse (6.3M – MID) made an outstanding performance. The midfielder provided the assist for the first goal to Jannik Vestergaard (4.3M – DEF) and then he scored two goals from free-kicks. Southampton was leading with a 0-3 score in half-time and in the 58’ minute Danny Ings (8.6M – FOR) extended the lead for the 0-4 score. After that, the Saints defense relaxed and conceded three goals but they got their 4th win.
The newcomer team won a really important match against a rival with the same goals as them. Fulham overcame West Brom with a 2-0 score. They had a great match on both ends. Their defense didn’t let West Brom to any big change for goal, while the defense was effective. Aleksandar Mitrovic (6.2M – FOR) made a really nice assist with a header to Bobby Reid (5.5M – FOR) for the lead. Ola Aina (4.5M – DEF) scored the second goal with a great shot after a pass from Mitrovic.
Newcastle took advantage of the absences of Everton and found the way to win. They were effective in defense and Callum Wilson (6.6M – FOR) led the team in the offense. He won and scored a penalty to give his team the lead and then he tapped in a second goal from Ryan Fraser’s (6.0M – MID) cross. Before the end of the match they conceded a goal for the final 2-1 score and they returned to the wins.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 7
They got their second loss in a row. Everton played again without Richarlison (8.4M – FOR) and Coleman (5.0M – DEF). Also, Jordan Pickford (4.5M – GK) and James Rodriguez (7.2M – MID) rested in this match because they played all the matches for their team so far. Lucas Digne (5.9M – DEF) was banned because of the red card in the previous match. The popular defender in fantasy Yerry Mina (4.6M – DEF) disappointed 11% of the managers with his -1 fantasy point.
They were disappointing once again. Burnley got their 5th loss in 6 matches and they are at the bottom of the board with just 1 point. This weekend Burnley hosted Chelsea and lost with a 0-3 score. The most worrying fact for Burnley is that they couldn’t threaten the opponent’s defense. They didn’t make a single shot on target and this is their 3rd match without a goal.
After their big win in Europa League, they had high hopes for the win, but Arsenal managed to escape with a 0-1 score. Paul Pogba (7.2M – MID) was disappointing. He made a terrible mistake and caused a penalty. Manchester didn’t find the way to score and had their 3rd loss in 6 matches.
R.Saiss – Def/Wolves
The defender of Wolves is one of the most popular defenders in fantasy. He is owned by 24% of managers. This weekend Saiss wasn’t on the starting-line out of nowhere.
Brighton: Ryan – Maupay
This weekend Brighton played without two of their most important players. Mathew Ryan (4.5M – GK) and Neal Maupay (6.6M – FOR) were left out due to “tactical reasons” according to their coach. However, that’s though to believe and rumors have been flying around all weekend, with the most believable scenario being some disciplinary incident for which they got punished. The truth will probably come out soon, but the fact is that they didn’t play and Brighton lost to Spurs with 2-1.
They had a bad game for another weekend. This time against a team with the same goals. West Brom lost an important match against Fulham and now they are in the danger zone. Both teams fight to stay in the league, but West Brom didn’t threaten Fulham at all. They were really bad in offense.
The newcomer team wasn’t good this gameweek. They hosted Leicester on Monday night. Leeds was defeated with a huge 1-4 score. Their defense made terrible mistakes and Leicester took advantage of the open field they gave them. The duo of their center-back was really bad (R.Koch and L.Cooper), as they couldn’t cope with the speed and technique of the Leicester attackers, while Mateusz Klich (5.6M – MID) committed a penalty. The newcomer team wasn’t good in the offense too. Patrick Bamford (6.7M – FOR) missed the opportunities he got for scoring a goal.
Before you go…
If you are new to FanTeam or have yet to make your first deposit…This offer is exclusively available to you!
Simply register for your free account by clicking the banner below. When you deposit €20 and place a €20 bet on the SportsBook, you’ll get €20 back, as cash, straight in to your FanTeam account.
The €20 is paid in cash – not free bets or any other hidden, sneaky wager-required traps – simply deposit €20, place a €20 bet on the SportsBook and receive €20 in cash, for you to withdraw or play with.