The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with ten Gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek 10 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 10 in a glance
In this gameweek we had low scores but also some high scores. We had 25 goals across 10 matches, and 14 out of the 20 teams scoring! In 2 matches we had 5 goals.
The weekend started with a match on Friday, where Crystal Palace hosted Newcastle. Palace played again without Zaha and couldn’t hold the clean sheet. Newcastle with the cooperation of Wilson and Joelington scored twice and gave their team the 0-2 away win.
We had four matches on Saturday. Liverpool wasn’t able to get the victory against Brighton and the match ended with a 1-1 score. The next match was a show from Manchester City against Burnley. The Citizens had a great game after a long time and got the easy win with a 5-0 score. Mahrez scored a hat-trick and was the best player of this gameweek 10. Leeds had in great shape their goalkeeper Meslier and got the close 0-1 win at Everton. In the last game of the day, West Brom won for the first time this season against Sheffield United with a 1-0 score.
We had three matches on Sunday. Southampton and Manchester United gave us a game with many goals. Southampton was better in the first half and managed to score twice and lead with a 2-0 score. In the second half, Manchester United with Fernandes and Cavani accomplished a big come-back and got a hard win with a 2-3 score. Cavani was the man of the match who scored twice and also gave an assist. Chelsea and Spurs left with the draw with a 0-0 score. The entire gameweek was stigmatized by the serious injury of Raul Jimenez in the head. The striker of Wolves clashed his head with David Luiz in the 5th minute and substituted, but Wolves was able to defeat Arsenal in the last match of the day with a 1-2 score.
We also had two matches on Monday. Fulham was really good and shocked everyone with the away victory over Leicester with a 1-2 score. West Ham wasn’t better than Aston Villa but won with a 2-1 score. Ollie Watkins missed a penalty and his late goal ruled out for offside.
Results in Gameweek 10
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Crystal Palace 0-2 Newcastle
C.Wilson (Joelinton), Joelinton (C.Wilson)
Brighton 1-1 Liverpool
D.Jota (M.Salah), P. Gross (D.Welbeck)
Manchester City 5-0 Burnley
R.Mahrez (K.De Bruyne), R.Mahrez (K.Walker), B.Mendy (K.De Bruyne), F.Torres (G.Jesus), R.Mahrez (P.Foden)
Everton 0-1 Leeds
West Brom 1-0 Sheffield United
Southampton 2-3 Manchester United
J.Bednarek (J.Ward-Prowse), J.Ward-Prowse (M.Djenepo), B.Fernandes (E.Cavani), E.Cavani (B.Fernandes), E.Cavani (M.Rashford)
Chelsea 0-0 Spurs
Arsenal 1-2 Wolves
P.Neto (L.Dendoncker), Gabriel (Willian), D.Podence (P.Neto)
Leicester 1-2 Fulham
A.Lookman (Anguissa), I.Cavaleiro (B.Reid), H.Barnes (J.Vardy)
West Ham 2-1 Aston Villa y
A.Ogbonna (J.Bowen), J.Grealish (M.Cash), J.Bowen (S.Benrahma)
GW10 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 10
- Illan Meslier (4.3M – Leeds): He had a great match with 8 saves and the clean sheet against Everton. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Sam Johnstone (4.5M – West Brom): He was the best player of his team and with 6 saves gave West Brom the first win! (10 Fantasy Points)
- Karl Darlow (4.3M – Newcastle): He was there when he was needed and with 3 saves kept the clean sheet for Newcastle! (8.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 10
- Benjamin Mendy (5.3M – Manchester City): He scored a goal against Burnley and with the clean sheet he was the best defender of this gameweek. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Kyle Walker (5.7M – Manchester City): Walker contributed an assist in offense and he got the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Angelo Ogbonna (4.5M – West Ham): He scored a goal with a header and he got the win against Aston Villa. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Defenders of Newcastle, Manchester City, Leeds, and West Brom got a clean sheet and the extra point of the win, and most of them a total of 7 Fantasy Points.
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 10
- Riyad Mahrez (9.4M – Manchester City): He was incredible against Burnley this gameweek. He scored a hat-trick and he was the best player by far! (20 Fantasy Points)
- Bruno Fernandes (11.1M – Manchester United): Bruno made once again a great match. He helped Manchester turn the match around with a goal and an assist. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Pedro Neto (5.3M – Wolves): Neto stepped up in the absence of Raul Jimenez (8.9M – FOR). He scored a goal and gave an assist for the second. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Kevin De Bruyne (12.2M – Manchester City): The star of the City contributed 2 assists! (11 Fantasy Points)
- Jarrod Bowen (6.6M – West Ham): He gave a beautiful assist with a free-kick and he also scored the second goal of his team. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Conor Gallagher (4.9M – West Brom): He scored the only goal of the match and gave his team their first win. (10 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 10
- Edison Cavani (8.0M – Manchester United): Cavani made a fantastic performance against Southampton. He cooperated really well with Bruno Fernandes (11.1M – MID). Cavani gave the assist for the first goal of Manchester to Bruno and then scored twice for the turn-around of the match. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Callum Wilson (6.7M – Newcastle): The striker of Newcastle started to have good cooperation with Joelinton. He scored and gave an assist. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Joelinton (5.5M – Newcastle): The teammate of Wilson scored the second goal but he also provided the assist to Wilson’s goal. (10 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 10
The Citizens destroyed Burnley with a huge 5-0 score. It’s the first time they found the goal that easily this season. Manchester City left Raheem Sterling (10.9M – MID) on the bench for rest. The star of the team Kevin De Bruyne (12.2M – MID) gave two assists, but the best player of the week was by far Riyad Mahrez (9.4M – MID). He made an amazing performance and scored a hat-trick. The defender Benjamin Mendy (5.3M – DEF) scored a goal and Kyle Walker (5.7M – DEF) an assist.
They didn’t start well against Southampton. In the first half, they conceded two goals and they were losing with a 2-0 score. In the second half, Edinson Cavani (8.0M – FOR) substituted in and United found the solution in the offense. Bruno Fernandes (11.1M – MID) scored the first goal of Manchester from an assist of Cavani, and then Cavani scored twice for the turn-around of the match. Manchester United didn’t give up and got back in the game.
The newcomer team achieved a great win, away from the home, against Leicester. They played well and with two goals in the first half from Ademola Lookman (5.0M – MID) and from Ivan Cavaleiro (5.3M) got a big lead. They managed to stay in the lead and get their second win of the season.
They are continuing to impress us each week. This week against Everton, Illan Meslier (4.3M – Leeds) had a great match with 8 saves. The defense has toughened up and this is the second game in a row with Leeds keeping the clean sheet. Raphinha (5.5M – MID) scored the only goal of the match and gave the win to the newcomers.
They impressed us with the win against Arsenal, especially without their best player. Pedro Neto (5.3M – Wolves) had a great match with a goal and assist. Daniel Podence (5.5M – MID) was also really good and found a way to score.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 10
Raul Jimenez (Wolves)
The biggest disappointment is to watch terrible injuries. The striker of Wolves had a hard clash with David Luiz of Arsenal. He was rushed to the hospital and had surgery on his head. His absence will be big for Wolves but also really important for the fantasy. He is a pretty popular player in fantasy and we hope to see him back in action soon.
They suffered a loss from the weak Fulham. They had the opportunity to climb to the top of the leaderboard but they didn’t utilize it. Leicester conceded two goals in the first half. The defense wasn’t good and the offense didn’t find the solutions for the turn-around of the man.
The team from London is pretty bad for the last few matches. This is the third match without a win and in the last 6 matches, they have 1 win, 1 draw, and 4 losses. Their offense is completely shut down and they can’t score. Arsenal has scored only 2 goals in the last 6 matches!
Crystal Palace / Zaha
Palace lined-up again without their best player Wilfred Zaha (6.9M – MID) against Newcastle. Crystal Palace struggled in the offense again. Zaha is a big factor of the team and without him, they seem really weaker.
Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
The star of Manchester City rested ahead of the match of Champions League. He missed the opportunity for a high fantasy point appearance against the weak Burnley.
Check out our Preview for GAMEWEEK 11 where Fanteam hosts a €100,000 gtd. Contest!