The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with eleven gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek 11 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 11 in a glance
In this gameweek, we had exciting matches with many goals. We had 30 goals across 9 matches, and 15 out of the 18 teams scoring! In 4 matches we had 4+ goals. This weekend we had one less game because Newcastle had many positive covid tests in the team and their game against Aston Villa decided to be postponed.
Saturday – 4 matches
The weekend started with four matches on Saturday. Burnley hosted Everton, the Toffees couldn’t turn the match around after the goal they conceded in the 3rd minute and the score stayed at 1-1. Manchester City had an easy afternoon against Fulham with the stars of the team De Bruyne and Sterling scoring and giving an assist to each other for the final 2-0 score. Manchester United visited West Ham and managed to get the win with a 1-3 score. In the last game of the day, Chelsea got the victory against the newcomer Leeds with a 3-1 score.
Sunday – 4 matches
We had four matches on Sunday. Crystal Palace dominated in the field against West Brom and got a huge away win with a 1-5 score. Zaha and Benteke were amazing and the two of them scored 4 goals. Leicester visited Sheffield United in a really close game. Thanks to a goal by Jamie Vardy in 90th+ minute, the Foxes escaped with a 1-2 score. In London’s derby, Spurs with the great efficiency of Son and Kane won Arsenal with a 2-0 score. Liverpool put up a show and scored four goals against Wolves getting easy with a 4-0 score.
Monday – 1 match
We also had one match on Monday – Brighton hosted Southampton for the last game of this gameweek. The match was pretty tough and Brighton’s pressure was difficult for Southampton. The Saints managed to turn the match around and take a difficult win, thanks to the goals of Vestergaard and Ings. Ings returned after 3 missed matches and played in the second half.
Results in Gameweek 11
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Burnley 1-1 Everton
Brady (A.Westwood), Calvert-Lewin (Richarlison)
Manchester City 2-0 Fulham
Sterling (De Bruyne), De Bruyne, Sterling
West Ham 1-3 Manchester United
Soucek (D.Rice), Pogba (Fernandes), Greenwood (Telles), Rashford (Mata)
Chelsea 3-1 Leeds
Bamford (Phillips), Giroud (James), Zouma (Mount), Pulisic (Werner)
West Brom 1-5 Crystal Palace
Furlong OG (Zaha), Gallagher (Furlong), Zaha (McArthur), Benteke (Aanholt), Zaha (Eze), Benteke (Clyne)
Sheffield United 1-2 Leicester
Perez (Albrighton), McBurnie (Lundstram), Vardy (Maddison)
Spurs 2-0 Arsenal
Son (Kane), Kane (Son)
Liverpool 4-0 Wolves
Salah, Wijnaldum (Henderson), Matip (Salah), Semedo OG (Mane)
Brighton 1-2 Southampton
Gross (Welbeck), Vestergaard (Ward-Prowse), Ings (Walker-Peters)
Read more about detailed statistics in our weekly series Fanteam 1M PL Season game – GW10 Statistical Analysis
GW11 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 11
- Caoimhin Kelleher (4.5M – Liverpool): He had his first match with Liverpool this season. He had 3 saves and got a clean sheet against Wolves. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Hugo Lloris (5.1M – Spurs): He saves his team twice from conceding a goal against Arsenal! (8 Fantasy Points)
- Ederson (5.8M – Manchester City): Fulham didn’t create opportunities and Ederson had only one save and the clean sheet. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 11
- Joel Matip (5.0M – Liverpool): He scored a goal with a nice header against Wolves and with the clean sheet he was the best defender of this gameweek. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Kurt Zouma (5.0M – Chelsea): The popular defender scored his 4th goal of the season. After a nice corner-kick by Mason Mount (6.6M – MID), Zouma scored with a nice header. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Jannik Vestergaard (4.4M – Southampton): The center-back scored with a header after a nice corner-kick by Ward-Prowse (6.5M – MID). (9 Fantasy Points)
- Defenders of Spurs, Manchester City, and Liverpool got a clean sheet and the extra point of the win, and most of them a total of 7 Fantasy Points.
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 11
- Wilfried Zaha (6.8M – Crystal Palace): He returned in action after two games of absences and did an amazing job. He scored two goals and got a fantasy assist gathering the most points for this game week. (16 Fantasy Points)
- Raheem Sterling (10.8M – Manchester City): He returned to the starting line-up after the rest he got last week. Sterling scored a goal and provided an assist to De Bruyne. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Kevin De Bruyne (12.1M – Manchester City): The star of the Citizens had a great match for the second weekend in a row. This weekend De Bruyne scored and gave an assist to Sterling. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Mohamed Salah (12.4M – Liverpool): Salah once again was really good. He scored and gave an assist against Wolves. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Heung-Min Son (10.3M – Spurs): He scored his 10th goal of the season and gave an assist to Kane. (12 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 11
- Christian Benteke (5.0M – Crystal Palace): He played as a starter for the first time this season and scored two goals against West Brom. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Harry Kane (11.3M – Spurs): The star of Spurs cooperated really well for one more game with his teammate Heung-Min Son (10.8M – MID). He finished the match with one goal and one assist. (11 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 11
The Eagles had an impressive game against West Brom. The visiting team conceded a red card in the first half and played with 10-players. The star of the team Wilfried Zaha (6.8M – MID) returned for Palace after two games he missed and the offense got back on track with 5 goals. Zaha had an outstanding performance with 2 goals and one assist. The striker of Crystal Palace, Christian Benteke (5.0M – FWD) scored twice, while Patrick van Aanholt (4.8M – DEF) and Nathaniel Clyne (4.5M – DEF) helped in offense and each one of them provided an assist.
Once again Manchester United didn’t start well and conceded a goal in the first half. West Ham was leading in the first half with a 1-0 score. Bruno Fernandes (11.2M – MID) and Marcus Rashford (10.0M – FWD) substituted in after the decision of the coach to not include them in the starting line-up. Red Devils were better in the second half and a beautiful long-distance goal from Paul Pogba (6.8M – MID) equaled the score. Three minutes later, Mason Greenwood (7.8M – MID) scored with a nice move and gave the lead to Manchester United. Rashford found the gap in West Ham’s defense and scored the third goal of United.
The Blues were hosting the newcomer Leeds and conceded an early goal in just 4’ minutes. Olivier Giroud (5.9M – FWD) was in the starting line-up after the 4 goals he scored in the Champions League and equaled the match with a nice finish. Kurt Zouma (5.0M – DEF) scored his 4th goal of the season with a header after a corner-kick from Mason Mount (6.6M – MID). Christian Pulisic (8.7M – MID) scored his first goal of the season after an assist from Timo Werner (9.9M – FWD).
The Reds had a great home game against the Wolves. They were efficient and scored 4 goals without conceding any. Liverpool took advantage of the absence of the best player of Wolves and got an easy win. Mohamed Salah (12.4M – MID) played really well. He scored a goal and provided an assist to Joel Matip (5.0M – DEF). Georginio Wijnaldum (5.5M – MID) scored his first goal of the season with a beautiful shot and Sadio Mane (11.9M – MID) got a fantasy assist after the own goal of the defender of Wolves.
Tottenham hosted Arsenal for a London derby. Spurs with their efficiency and the beautiful cooperation of Heung-Min Son (10.3M – MID) with Harry Kane (11.3M – FWD) managed to win with a 2-0 score. The popular duo is impressive and this time provided 2 goals and 2 assists. Son scored his 10th goal while his teammate Kane gave his 10th assist of the season.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 11
In a difficult match against Liverpool, nothing worked for the Wolves. The defense wasn’t good and conceded 4 goals while the offense was completely off without Raul Jimenez (8.9M – FWD).
The Toffees didn’t bounce back after the loss from Leeds. This weekend they couldn’t find the win against the weak Burnley and got a 1-1 draw. After the first 4 wins in 4 matches that impressed everyone, Everton counts 1 win in the last 7 matches.
Arsenal has been in pretty bad shape for the last few matches and nothing changed against the Spurs. This is the fourth match without a win and this loss in a derby match hurt the fans of Arsenal. The offense wasn’t good and they didn’t create real changes for a goal. Arsenal has scored only 10 goals in these first 11 matches of the season!
This weekend was terrible for West Brom. The match against Crystal Palace didn’t start well and an early own goal of Darnell Furlong (4.5M – DEF) put them behind on the score. They managed to score with a goal of Conor Gallagher (4.9M – MID) and an assist from Furlong but Matheus Pereira (6.0M – MID) received a red card after an unsportsmanlike behavior. He left his team with a player number disadvantage from the 34th minute. The defense collapsed and conceded 4 more goals for the 1-5 final score.