The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with twelve gameweeks now in the books. In this Gameweek 12 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 12 in a glance
In this gameweek, we had many matches with low scores. We had 19 goals across 10 matches, with 13 out of the 20 teams scoring. In 6 out of 10 matches we had 2 or fewer goals. The most interesting fact is that all the big-name teams didn’t win!
The weekend started with a match on Friday. Leeds hosted West Ham in a match with a lot of opportunities for goals. Leeds took the lead with a penalty kick, but West Ham were better and managed to turn the match around with two headers after free-kicks.
We had four matches on Saturday. Wolves couldn’t score against Aston Villa and were defeated with a 0-1 score. Martinez was the man of the match, he blocked many difficult shots by Wolves and kept the clean sheet for Villa. Newcastle scored against West Brom in only 19 seconds for the second-fastest goal in the history of the Premier League. Newcastle made a mistake in defense and conceded a goal, but they managed to take the lead again and win with a 2-1 score. In the derby of Manchester, United against City had a draw without goals! The derby was disappointing for the fan and had no serious changes for goals. In the last match of the day, Everton forced Chelsea into their second loss of the season in a close match that ended with a 1-0 score.
We had five matches on Sunday. Southampton had an easy match-up against Sheffield United and got a big win with a 3-0 score. Crystal Palace was tough against the Spurs and took the 1-1 draw. The newcomer Fulham hosted Liverpool in a match with many good chances for goals. Alisson saved Liverpool multiple times, but Fulham was better than the Red and took the lead. Liverpool won a penalty after a handball of Kamara and Salah scored for the final 1-1 score.
Burnley won with a 0-1 score Arsenal for the first-time in the Premier League, thanks to an own goal by Aubameyang. Arsenal defeated for the third consecutive time and fourth in the last five matches. Leicester dominated in the field against Brighton and got a big win with a 3-0 score. Maddison and Vardy were excellent and they gathered the most fantasy points in this Gameweek 12.
Do you know the Fanteam 1M PL Season game – GW11 Statistical Analysis already? Each week we go in depth and pull out significant stats from the previous match day.
Results in Gameweek 12
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Leeds 1-2 West Ham
Klich (Bamford), Soucek (Bowen), Ogbonna (Cresswell)
Wolves 0-1 Aston
El Ghazi (McGinn)
Newcastle 2-1 West Brom
Almiron (Joelinton), Furlong (Phillips), Gayle (Murphy)
Manchester United 0-0 Manchester City
Everton 1-0 Chelsea
Southampton 3-0 Sheffield United
Adams (Bednarek), Armstrong (Ings), Redmond (Romeu)
Crystal Palace 1-1 Spurs
Kane (Son), Schlupp (Eze)
Fulham 1-1 Liverpool
Reid (Lookman), Salah (Wijnaldum)
Arsenal 0-1 Burnley
Aubameyang OG (Westwood)
Leicester 3-0 Brighton
Maddison (Vardy), Vardy (Justin), Maddison (Vardy)
GW12 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 12
- Emiliano Martinez (4.6M – Aston Villa): Martinez was by far the best player of the match. Wolves made plenty of good shots, but the goalkeeper of Aston Villa made 7 really difficult keeper saves and stopped all the shots on his target. He gave his team the clean sheet. (10.5 Fantasy Points)
- Nick Pope (5.1M – Burnley): He made a perfect match with 6 saves and didn’t let Arsenal score. He was the best player of the match. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Kasper Schmeichel (5.0M – Leicester): The experienced goalkeeper had 4 saved against Brighton and held the clean sheet for Leicester. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Jordan Pickford (4.5M – Everton): Pickford didn’t concede a goal by Chelsea and made 3 important saves for the clean sheet. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 12
- Jan Bednarek (4.5M – Southampton): He gave an assist to Adams after a corner-kick and played good defense for the clean sheet (10 Fantasy Points)
- James Justin (5.0M – Leicester): Justin with a nice cross gave a beautiful assist to Vardy. He also got the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Angelo Ogbonna (4.5M – West Ham): He didn’t get a clean sheet, but he gave his team the lead for the win with a nice header. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Defenders of Aston Villa, Everton, Southampton, Burnley, and Leicester got a clean sheet and the extra point of the win, and most of them a total of 7 Fantasy Points.
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 12
- James Maddison (7.5M – Leicester): The talented midfielder made his best match of the season. He scored two goals and the second one was the most beautiful of this gameweek. He received two assists by Vardy and the duo of Leicester were the best players of this weekend. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Stuart Armstrong (5.9M – Southampton): He scored his second goal of the season and got the extra points by the win and the 90’’. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Tomas Soucek (4.7M – West Ham): He scored for a second gameweek and this one was with a nice header. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Gylfi Sigurdsson (6.5M – Everton): He had a successful penalty kick for the only goal of the match against Chelsea. (9 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 12
- Jamie Vardy (10.7M – Leicester): The striker of the Foxes was the best forward of this gameweek. He contributed to all three goals of his team with one goal and two assists. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Joelinton (5.5M – Newcastle): He cooperated nicely with Wilson and gave a nice assist to Almiron. (7 Fantasy Points)
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (8.5M – Everton): The top scorer of the league won a penalty for his team that Sigurdsson converted into a goal. (7 Fantasy Points)
- Che Adams (6.0M – Southampton): Adams scored his 4th goal of the season against Sheffield. (7 Fantasy Points)
- Danny Ings (8.3M – Southampton): He returned hot after the injury he suffered and this gameweek he had an assist with 90’ of play. (7 Fantasy Points)
- Harry Kane (11.3M – Spurs): The duo Son and Kane is unstoppable. In this gameweek, Kane was the one to score with an assist from Son. (7 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 12
They got their first-ever win against Arsenal in the Premier League. Burnley found a really important win in Emirates thanks to an own goal by Aubameyang. Nick Pope (5.1M – GK) stopped Arsenal multiple times from scoring and he was the best player of Burnley. Ashley Westwood (5.9M – MID) made the fantasy assist with his corner-kick.
The Foxes scored three goals in the first half against Brighton. James Maddison (7.5M – MID) and Jamie Vardy (10.7M – FWD) had an excellent match and gave Leicester the easy win. The goalkeeper of the team Kasper Schmeichel (5.0M – Leicester) helped with his saves and the defender James Justin (5.0M – DEF) provided an assist.
The Toffees played without James Rodrigeuz (7.1M – MID), but thanks to Sigurdsson’s penalty managed to get a hard win over Chelsea at Goodison Park. Everton returned to wins and ended Chelsea’s unbeaten run of 10 matches. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (8.5M – FWD) won the penalty from the goalkeeper of Chelsea and Gylfi Sigurdsson (6.5M – MID) scored.
The Saints got an easy win against Sheffield United and moved up to 4th position in the championship. Che Adams (6.0M – FWD) gave the lead to his team after a corner-kick and then Southampton doubled their goals with Stuart Armstrong (5.9M – Southampton) deflected shot. Danny Ings (8.3M – FWD) returned to the starting line-up after 4 matches and he provided an assist.
Fulham & Crystal Palace
Both teams were underdogs, but they didn’t lose against Liverpool and Spurs. Fulham had a great match against the Reds and could win if they were more efficient. They took the lead, but they didn’t hold it. The point from the draw is important for the newcomers. Crystal Palace played really good defence against Spurs but a mistake from their keeper gave Spurs the lead. They managed to score in 81’ and force Spurs into their 4th draw.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 12
The Blues lost for the second time this season. Edouard Mendy (5.0M – GK) committed a penalty and Everton got the lead in the match. Chelsea couldn’t find a way to score. They had some big chances with two shots on the crossbar by Mason Mount (6.6 – MID).
Manchester United – Manchester City
The derby in Manchester was pretty bad. Everyone expected many goals, but we didn’t watch, not even a real chance for a goal. Each goalkeeper made two saves and both teams focused on defense.
The team from London couldn’t bounce back against Burnley. They lost for the third consecutive match and dropped into 15th place. The star of the team, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (10.3M – FWD), hasn’t scored a goal for two months. Aubameyang scored an own goal for Burnley and gave them the lead. The offense wasn’t efficient once again, and Alexandre Lacazette (8.1M – FWD) missed some good chances for scoring. Arsenal has scored only 1 goal in the last 5 matches!
The Reds weren’t good on both ends against Fulham. The defence allowed many opportunities for goals and the offence wasn’t good. Liverpool got a draw with a penalty after a handball, but they were lucky that they didn’t lose and saved a point.
They are continuing to disappoint with their results and they are turning into a punching bag. After twelve matches the Blades have only 1 point and have conceded 21 goals. The offence is struggling with only 5 goals this season.