The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with 13 gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek 13 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 13 in a glance
In this gameweek, we had 26 goals across 10 matches, and 15 out of the 20 teams scoring! In 5 out of 10 matches we had a draw. Also, in 6 out of 10 matches we had 2 or fewer goals.
Tuesday – 2 matches
For this 13th gameweek, we had two matches on Tuesday. Wolves hosted Chelsea and with a goal on 90+5 from Neto, Wolves took the win with a 2-1 score. Manchester City stayed at 1-1 with West Brom and lost important points for the battle to recover to the top of the board.
Wednesday – 6 matches
We had six matches on Wednesday. Arsenal managed to hold the 1-1 score against Southampton after the red card in the 62nd minute. Leeds hosted Newcastle in a high score game. Leeds made a great match and scored 5 goals for the final 5-2 score. Everton visited Leicester and got the win with a 0-2 score. In the evening games, West Ham got a draw against Crystal Palace with a 1-1 score. The derby of this gameweek was Liverpool against the Spurs, for the top place in the league. The reds managed to open the score with Salah, but 6 minutes later Son equaled the score. A goal from Firmino in the last minute of the match gave Liverpool the win with a 2-1 score. The sixth game of the day ended without goals between Fulham and Brighton.
Thursday – 2 matches
The last two matches of this gameweek were on Thursday. Aston Villa hosted Burnley for a game with no goals. Manchester United visited Sheffield United and once again managed to turn the match around. Manchester conceded a goal in the 5th minute but scored twice and took the lead in the first half. In the second half, Rashford extended the lead for Manchester. McGoldrick scored his second goal in the 87th minute but Sheffield United couldn’t score a third one and Manchester United won with a 2-3 score.
Results in Gameweek 13
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Wolves 2-1 Chelsea
GIroud (Chilwell), Podence (Otasowie), Neto (Vitinha)
Manchester City 1-1 West Brom
Gundogan (Sterling), Dias OG (Ajayi)
Arsenal 1-1 Southampton
Walcott (Adams), Aubameyang (Nketiah)
Leeds 5-2 Newcastle
Hendrick (Wilson), Bamford (Rodrigo), Rodrigo (Harrison), Clark (Fraser), Dallas (Klich), Alioski (Hernandez), Harrison (Hernandez)
Leicester 0-2 Everton
Richarlison (Iwobi), Holgate (Calvert-Lewin)
West Ham 1-1 Crystal Palace
Benteke (Ward), Haller (Coufal)
Liverpool 2-1 Spurs
Salah, Son (Lo Celso), Firmino (Robertson)
Fulham 0-0 Brighton
Aston Villa 0-0 Burnley
Sheffield United 2-3 Manchester United
McGoldrick (Burke), Rashford (Lindelof), Martial (Pogba), Rashord (Martial), McGoldrick (Fleck)
GW13 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 13
- Nick Pope (5.1M – Burnley): Pope was the best goalkeeper of the gameweek. He made 6 saves and prevented Aston Villa from scoring. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Emiliano Martinez (4.6M – Aston Villa): The goalkeeper of Aston Villa made 4 saves to keep the clean sheet against Burnley. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Alphonse Areola (4.5M – Fulham): He helped Fulham get their second clean sheet. He made 4 save. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Robert Sanchez (4.0M – Brighton): He made some great saves for keeping the clean sheet. He started instead of Ryan and with 4 saves didn’t let Fulham score. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Robin Olsen (4.5M – Everton): He started instead of Pickford and got a clean sheet with 2 saves. (8 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 13
- Mason Holgate (4.5M – Everton): The defender of Everton scored his first goal of the season and doubled the goals for his team against Leicester. He was the best defender of this gameweek. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Stuart Dallas (4.7M – Leeds): The defender of Leeds has a big role in the offense too and this week he scored his 2nd goal of the season. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Ezgjan Alioski (4.5M – Leeds): A second defender of Leeds, Alioski scored too. That was his first goal of the season. (8 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 13
- Jack Harrison (6.0M – Leeds): Harrison scored and provided an assist against Newcastle. He had some bad games but now he made his best match of the season. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Pedro Neto (5.6M – Wolves): He scored a goal in the last minute of the match and gave his team a huge win against a big opponent like Chelsea. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Mohamed Salah (12.5M – Liverpool): The superstar of Liverpool scored for the third game in a row. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Ilkay Gundogan (5.5M – Manchester City): The defensive midfielder of City scored his first goal of the season. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Pablo Hernandez (5.6M – Leeds): He played only 8 minutes but he managed to provide two assists. (8 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 13
- Marcus Rashford (10.1M – Manchester United): He was the best forward of the week with two goals against Sheffield (12 Fantasy Points)
- Rodrigo (5.8M – Leeds): He had his best game with Leeds so far, with a goal and an assist. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Anthony Martial (9.5M – Manchester United): He finally scored his first goal of the season and gave an assist to Rashford. He was disappointing so far, but he made a great game against Sheffield. (10 Fantasy Points)
- David McGoldrick (5.5M – Sheffield United): He scored twice and now he is the top scorer of his team with 4 goals. Sheffield United struggle to score and have only 7 so far. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Richarlison (8.1M – Everton): He scored his second goal of the season against Leicester and helped his team make their second win in a row. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Firmino (8.5M – Liverpool): With a goal in 90’+ he gave Liverpool a big win against Spurs. (8 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 13
Leeds was the team that scored the most goals and had the mot impressive performance. They led a crazy game with 5 goals against Newcastle. They took advantage of every weakness they found and scored beautiful goals. Jack Harrison (6.0M – MID) and Rodrigo (5.8M – FWD) had an excellent game. Patrick Bamford (7.0 – FWD) scored once again, but also the defenders Stuart Dallas (4.7M – DEF) and Ezgjan Alioski (4.5M – DEF) found the way to score. Pablo Hernandez (5.6M – MID) played only 8 minutes but he provided 2 assists.
What a game by Wolves! They conceded a goal and were following the score but a beautiful goal by Daniel Podence (5.6M – MID) equaled the score. A goal in the last minute of the match by Pedro Neto (5.6M – MID) turned the match around for Wolves and shocked Chelsea.
The Toffees played once again without James Rodrigeuz (7.1M – MID) against Leicester. Everton got a second win in a row. Richarlison (8.1M – FWD) scored a nice goal. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (8.5M – FWD) got a fantasy assist and the defender Mason Holgate (4.5M – DEF) scored his first Premier League goal.
Liverpool forced Spurs into their first loss in 12 matches with a 2-1 score. The Reds won Spurs with a header in 90th+ minute from Roberto Firmino (8.5M – FWD). Andrew Robertson (6.8M – DEF) gave a beautiful assist to Firmino’s goal. The superstar of the team Mohamed Salah (12.5M – MID) scored for the third match in a row.
The Red Devils overturned the score once again. They visited Sheffield United and took the win with 2-3 score. United won for the 10th straight away time. Marcus Rashford (10.1M – FWD) had a great game and he scored two goals. Anthony Martial (9.5M – FWD) had a good game for the first time this season in the Premier. He scored and gave an assist.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 13
The Blues lost for the second game in a row. The defense of the team had some troubles and Wolves found the openings to score. In offense, Kurt Zouma (5.1M – DEF) missed a nice opportunity to score after his header ended up in the crossbar. The different line-up lacked cohesion and Christian Pulisic (8.5M – MID) with Kai Havertz (8.1M – MID) couldn’t cooperate well.
The Citizens weren’t efficient against West Brom. They opened the score, but an own goal by β turned out crucial. City couldn’t find the way again and they lost important points in the battle for the championship.
The Foxes weren’t good against Everton. They didn’t create problems in the opponent’s defense and didn’t make any good chances for goals and the defense couldn’t stop Everton from scoring.
The defense of Newcastle was all over the place. They conceded five goals by Leeds and the 3 of them were with headers.