The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with 14 gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek 14 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 14 in a glance
In this gameweek, we had many matches with high scores. We had 34 goals across 10 matches, and 15 out of the 20 teams scoring! In two matches we had 7 or more goals. Also, in 6 out of 10 matches we had 3 or more goals.
The weekend started with four matches on Saturday. Crystal Palace opened this gameweek against Liverpool. The Reds had an incredible game and scored 7 goals for the final 0-7 score. Manchester City won the tricky match against Southampton with a 0-1 score thanks to a goal from Sterling. Everton managed to overcome Arsenal with a 2-1 score. In the final game of the day, Newcastle stayed at 1-1 against Fulham.
On Sunday we also had four games. Brighton scored a late goal for the final 1-1 score and saved the loss from Sheffield United. Leicester moved up to 2nd place in the table with a significant win at Spurs. Manchester United hosted Leeds in an 8-goal show. The Red Devils destroyed Leeds with a big 6-2 score! In the final match of the day, Aston Villa got the job done against West Brom and won with a 0-3 score.
The last two matches of this gameweek were on Monday. Burnley got the close match against Wolves and Chelsea won 3-0 the West Ham for the final match of this gameweek.
Many popular players achieved a lot of fantasy points and the scores of the teams this week are really high.
Results in Gameweek 14
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Crystal Palace 0-7 Liverpool
Minamino (Mane), Mane (Firmino), Firmino (Robertson), Henderson (Alexander-Arnold), Firmino (Salah), Salah (Matip), Salah (Oxlade-Chamberlain)
Southampton 0-1 Manchester City
Sterling (De Bruyne)
Everton 2-1 Arsenal
Holding OG (Calvert-Lewin), Mina (Sigurdsson)
Newcastle 1-1 Fulham
Ritchie (Adarabioyo), Wilson
Brighton 1-1 Sheffield United
Bogle (McGoldrick), Welbeck
Spurs 0-2 Leicester
Vardy (Fofana), Alderweireld (Vardy)
Manchester United 6-2 Leeds
McTominay (Fernandes), McTominay (Martial), Fernandes, Lindelof (Martial), Cooper (Raphinha), James (McTominay), Fernandes (Martial), Dallas (Raphinha)
West Brom 0-3 Aston Villa
El Ghazi (Traore), Traore (Grealish), El Ghazi (Grealish)
Burnley 2-1 Wolves
Barnes (Taylor), Wood, F.Silva
Chelsea 3-0 West Ham
T.Silva (Mount), Abraham (Werner), Abraham (Pulisic)
GW14 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 14
- Alisson (5.7M – Liverpool): He made 3 saves against Crystal Palace and got the clean sheet. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Kasper Schmeichel (5.0M – Leicester): He had a tough match at Spurs, but he got the clean sheet and 3 saves. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Emiliano Martinez (4.6M – Aston Villa): Martinez had an easy weekend against West Brom and got the clean sheet with only one save. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
- Ederson (5.8M – Manchester City): City played good defense, got the clean sheet against Southampton, and Ederson made one save. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 14
- Thiago Silva (5.5M – Chelsea): He scored a nice goal with a header from a corner-kick against West Ham. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Joel Matip (5.0M – Liverpool): Matip gave an assist to Salah with a header after a corner-kick and got the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (6.6M – Liverpool): He provided an assist to Henderson and got the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Andrew Robertson (6.8M – Liverpool): He gave a beautiful assist to Firmino and got the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Wesley Fofana (4.5M – Leicester): He got a fantasy assist after the penalty he won and Vardy scored. He also got the clean sheet against the Spurs. (10 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 14
- Scott McTominay (5.1M – Manchester United): McTominay had the match of his life against Leeds. He scored twice in the first 3 minutes of the game!! He also provided an assist and he was the best player of gameweek 14. (17 Fantasy Points)
- Bruno Fernandes (11.2M – Manchester United): He was great against Leeds. He scored two goals and gave one assist. (16 Fantasy Points)
- Mohamed Salah (12.5M – Liverpool): He wasn’t in the starting line-up but he substituted in on 57’ against Crystal Palace. He managed to score twice and also give an assist. Incredible match for the superstar! (15 Fantasy Points)
- Anwar El Ghazi (5.1M – Aston Villa): He was in the starting line-up for the second time this season and he had a great match. He scored twice and the second one with a penalty kick. (15 Fantasy Points)
- Bertrand Traore (5.6M – Aston Villa): He is playing better game by game and against West Brom he was great. He gave an assist to El Ghazi and he also scored a goal. He played all 90’ minutes for the first time this season. (13 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 14
- Roberto Firmino (8.5M – Liverpool): The striker of Liverpool had an incredible gameweek. He scored two goals and provided one assist. He scored for a second gameweek in a row. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Anthony Martial (9.5M – Manchester United): Another great performance by Martial. This weekend he provided 3 assists and he is getting his form back. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Tammy Abraham (7.7M – Chelsea): He was a starter after 3 gameweeks and he made a good game with 2 goals. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Jamie Vardy (10.8M – Leicester): He scored a penalty and he got a fantasy assist to the second goal against Spurs. (10 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 14
The Reds had an easy game and scored 7 goals without conceding any. Salah wasn’t in the starting line-up. Minamino (5.8M – MID) took his place and scored a goal in the 3rd minute! Mane (11.9M – MID) gave the assist and scored the second goal for Liverpool. Firmino (8.5M – FWD) scored next after a beautiful assist from Robertson (6.8M – DEF). Henderson (5.8M – MID) also scored after an assist from Alexander-Arnold (6.6M – DEF). The superstar of the team Salah (12.5M – MID) substituted in the 57th minute, gave an assist to Firmino, and scored twice for the final 0-7 score!
The Red Devils were amazing. They scored 6 goals against Leeds and won with the final 6-2 score. Scott McTominay (5.1M – MID) had outstanding with two goals in the first 3’ minutes of the match! Bruno Fernandes (11.2M – MID) was excellent with two goals and an assist while his teammate Anthony Martial (9.5M – FWD) provided 3 assists.
The Foxes forced the Spurs into their second consecutive loss. They won against one of the best defenses in the league and moved up to second place in the championship. Wesley Fofana (4.5M – DEF) won a penalty and Jamie Vardy (10.8M – FWD) scored. Vardy also got a fantasy assist after the mistake of the own goal of Alderweireld.
The Villa returned to the wins against West Brom. El Ghazi (5.1M – MID) and Traore (5.6M – MID) were outstanding and led their team to their 7th win. Aston Villa played good defense and held the clean sheet for 7th time.
They started really poorly but in the last few matches, Burnley is getting stronger and tougher. This weekend they got an important win against Wolves. In the last six matches, Burnley has won the 3 of them and also got 2 draws.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 14
What a terrible weekend for the Palace. They conceded 7 goals by Liverpool and got humiliated. The defense was all over the place for the whole match, and the Liverpool superstars turned the match into a show.
They didn’t bounce back after the loss from Liverpool. This weekend Spurs got their second loss in a row. They weren’t efficient in offense and missed some good opportunities to score against Leicester.
For another weekend Leeds’s defense was struggling. They conceded 6 goals from Manchester United! They have the worst defense in the league with 30 goals against them.
Third loss in four matches for Wolves. After the injury of Raul Jimenez, Wolves is struggling a lot. This weekend they lost from the weak Burnley. Wolves failed to create many chances upfront, with the lack of a striker being more than obvious for the team. Fabio Silva is clearly not ready to be the frontrunner yet, and the Neto/Podence duo can run the ball but struggles to put the ball in the net on their own.