Our Premier League 1M blogs are back after the crazy blank & double Gameweek sequence. And we’re back with a Mega-review piece for both and 21 matches in total!
Gameweek 18 in a glance
In gameweek 18 we had only 6 matches. Many teams chose to rest some of their best players due to the demanding schedule and the scores were low. Only 7 out of 12 teams scored with 8 goals in 6 matches. We had two matches on Thursday 12st with Sheffield United achieving their first win of the season against Newcastle with a 1-0 score. Everton got an important win at Wolves with a 1-2 score and Manchester United found the way to win the tough Burnley with a 0-1 score.
We had 2 matches on Wednesday. Manchester City won with only a 1-0 the Brighton, while Spurs couldn’t overcome the newcomer Fulham. Fulham managed to take the important point with a 1-1 draw. The last match of the gameweek 18 was on Thursday where Arsenal hosted Crystal Palace in a match without goals.
Gameweek 19 in a glance
Saturday Jan. 16th
In gameweek 19 we had 15 matches!! This gameweek was the last gameweek where you were able to use the wildcard. Many teams had 2 games and everybody tried to get players from these teams. We had 34 goals across 15 matches. Gameweek 19 was started on Saturday with 5 matches. Wolves hosted West Brom in a match with many goals. The newcomers got a huge win over the Wolves with a 2-3 score. Wolves suffered another loss and they are without a win for 6 games. Brighton got a close win with a 0-1 score against Leeds, while West Ham managed to overcome Burnley with a 1-0. In the evening, Fulham hosted Chelsea, where the Blues won with a 0-1 score thanks to a goal of Mason Mount. Leicester played against Southampton and got the win with the 2-0 final score.
Sunday Jan. 17th
We had three matches on Sunday the 17th. Spurs scored an early goal and managed to control the match against Sheffield United. They returned to victories with a 1-3 score after the draw against Fulham in the previous gameweek. In the biggest match of this gameweek, Liverpool hosted Manchester United in a classic Premier League derby. Both teams focused on defense and the match ended with a 0-0 draw. Manchester City hosted Crystal Palace for the final match of the day. The Citizens got an easy win with a 4-0 score with an outstanding performance by their center-back John Stones, who scored two goals!!
We only had one match on Monday with Arsenal taking an easy victory with a 3-0 score against Newcastle. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored two goals and made his best appearance of the season. On Tuesday there were two matches. West Ham managed to get the close win against West Brom with a 2-1 score. Leicester continued their win streak and won against Chelsea with a 2-0 score. That was the 5th loss in the last 8 matches for the Blues.
The last matches
Manchester City got the win against Aston Villa on Wednesday with a 2-0 score and they climbed into 2nd place in the championship. Manchester United conceded an early goal but turned the match around and took the win once again. The Red Devils won Fulham with a 1-2 score and moved-up to 1st place in the league. Liverpool hosted Burnley on Thursday and chose to rest Salah and Firmino. They were not in the starting line-up and the offense couldn’t be efficient. Burnley managed to not concede any goals and with a penalty kick by Barnes to get a huge away win against the champions. In the last match of this long gameweek 19, Aston Villa returned to victories with a 2-0 score against Newcastle.
Results in Gameweek 18
Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Sheffield United 1-0 Newcastle
Wolves 1-2 Everton
Iwobi (Digne), Neves (Ait-Nouri), Keane (Gomes)
Burnley 0-1 Manchester United
Manchester City 1-0 Brighton
Foden (De Bruyne)
Spurs 1-1 Fulham
Kane (Reguilon), Cavaleiro (Lookman)
Arsenal 0-0 Crystal Palace
Results in Gameweek 19
Wolves 2-3 West Brom
Pereira (Robinson), Silva (Boly), Boly, Ajayi (Bartley), Pereira (Robinson)
Leeds 0-1 Brighton
Maupay (Mac Allister)
West Ham 1-0 Burnley
Fulham 0-1 Chelsea
Leicester 2-0 Southampton
Maddison (Tielemans), Barnes (Tielemans)
Sheffield United 1-3 Spurs
Aurier (Son), Kane (Hojbjerg), McGoldrick (Fleck), Ndombele (Bergwijn)
Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United
Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
Stones (De Bruyne), Gundogan, Stones (Dias), Sterling (Torres)
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Aubameyang (Partey), Saka (Smith Rowe), Aubameyang (Soares)
West Ham 2-1 West Brom
Bowen (Coufal), Pereira (Grosicki), Antonio (Yarmolenko)
Leicester 2-0 Chelsea
Ndidi (Barnes), Maddison (Albrighton)
Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
Silva (Rodrigo), Gundogan (Jesus)
Fulham 1-2 Manchester United
Lookman (Zambo Anguissa), Cavani (Fernandes), Pogba
Liverpool 0-1 Burnley
Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle
Watkins, Traore (Grealish)
GW18-19 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 18
- Aaron Ramsdale (4.5M – Sheffield United): He was great against Newcastle and made 3 important saves in order to keep the clean sheet and win for the first time in the championship. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Vicente Guaita (4.6M – Crystal Palace): He had a tough match-up against Arsenal in Emirates, but with his 4 keeper saves he secured the clean sheet and Crystal Palace got an important point from the draw. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Ederson (5.7M – Manchester City): He got the clean sheet against Brighton with one keeper save. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 19
- Kasper Schmeichel (5.1M – Leicester): The goalkeeper of Leicester was the best of this crazy gameweek 19. He gathered 8.5 points against Southampton and 9.5 against Chelsea. Two clean sheets and eight saves! (18 Fantasy Points)
- Ederson (5.7M – Manchester City): The goalkeeper of the Citizens got two clean sheets against Crystal Palace and Aston Villa. He also made four saves against Aston Villa. (16 Fantasy Points)
- David de Gea (5.2M – Manchester United): The experienced goalkeeper in his first match got a clean sheet against Liverpool with 3 saves (7.5 points). In the second match, he made 4 saves and got the win against Fulham (5 points). (12.5 Fantasy Points)
- Lukasz Fabianski (4.7M – West Ham): West Ham secured two victories against Burnley and West Brom. He held the clean sheet with 2 saves in the first match(8 points) and in also two saves without the clean sheet in the second one. (4 points) (12 Fantasy Points)
- Nick Pope (5.1M – Burnley): He got a loss by West Ham and made 2 keeper saves in the first match (2 points), but in the second match he was outstanding. He played against Liverpool and with 6 saves helped his team win in Anfield. (10 points) (12 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 18
- Micheal Keane (5.1M – Everton): The center-back gave his team the lead and Everton secured the away win. (9 Fantasy Points)
- The players of Sheffield United, Manchester United, Manchester City and got a clean sheet with a win and most of them got 7 Fantasy Points
Best Defenders of Gameweek 19
- John Stones (5.2M – Manchester City): What an outstanding performance from Stones!! He scored two goals against Crystal Palace (he didn’t have any goal with Manchester City) and also got the clean sheet (19 points). The citizens had a second match in this gameweek against Aston Villa and got a clean sheet (7 points). (26 Fantasy Points)
- Ruben Dias (5.2M – Manchester City): The center-back of City secured two clean sheets and in the first match against Crystal Palace got a fantasy assist. (17 Fantasy Points)
- The players Oleksandr Zinchenko (4.8M – DEF), Jonny Evans (4.8M – DEF), James Justin (5.0M – DEF) and Timothy Castagne (5.1M – DEF) of Manchester City and Leicester got two wins with clean sheets and got 14 Fantasy Points
- Vladimir Coufal (4.7M – West Ham): He had two matches this gameweek. In the first match, he got the clean sheet with a win (7 points), and in the second game, he provided an assist against West Brom (6 points). (13 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 18
- Paul Pogba (6.8M – Manchester United): The popular midfielder scored a beautiful goal and unlocked the defense of Burnley. He scored the only goal of the match and Manchester United got the tricky match-up. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Alex Iwobi (5.3M – Everton): He scored his first goal of the season against Wolves in the 6th minute of the match. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Phil Foden (7.5M – Manchester City): The young midfielder is continuing to stepping up and in gameweek 18 score the only goal of the match against Brighton. (9 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 19
- Matheus Pereira (6.0M – West Brom): What a crazy gameweek for the midfielder of West Brom! He scored two goals against Wolves (13 points) and also scored against West Ham (7 points). He was the best midfielder of this big gameweek. (20 Fantasy Points)
- Ilkay Gundogan (5.7M – Manchester City): He’s having great matches in the last few matches. He scored a goal against Crystal Palace (9 points). In his second game, he scored a penalty kick against Aston Villa. (10 points) (19 Fantasy Points)
- James Maddison (7.7M – Leicester): The midfielder of the Foxes stepped up and made two great matches. He scored a goal in each of them and also got the clean sheet point in both games. (18 Fantasy Points)
- Harvey Barnes (7.6M – Leicester): He also had 2 great games. He scored a goal against Southampton (10 points) and provided an assist against Chelsea (8 points). Barnes got the extra points from the clean sheets and the full matches participation. (18 Fantasy Points)
- Youri Tielemans (6.8M – Leicester): He provided two assists on both of the goals against Southampton (11 points) and against Chelsea had 5 points. (16 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 18
- Harry Kane (11.4M – Spurs): The superstar of the Spurs scored for the second match in a row. He gave his team the lead, but couldn’t do more to extend it. (7 Fantasy Points)
- Marcus Rashford (10.3M – Manchester United): He provided the assist of Pogba’s goal. (6 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 19
- Michail Antonio (6.0M – West Ham): The striker of West Ham had two great games. He played good match-ups and managed to score in each one of them. He got 8 points against Burnley and 7 points against West Brom. (15 Fantasy Points)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (9.5 – Arsenal): He is the only player with only one match in the best players of this gameweek 19. Aubameyang finally had a great match against Newcastle and scored twice. (11 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweeks 18-19
The Citizens were the only team in the league that won three matches in gameweeks 18 and 19. Manchester City won against Brighton, Crystal Palace, and Aston Villa without conceding any goals. John Stones (5.2M – DEF) was by far the best player of this gameweek with 2 goals and two clean sheets and a total of 26 points. Ilkay Gundogan (5.7M – MID) was also outstanding with two goals, but also Ruben Dias (5.2M – DEF) with an assist and two clean sheets. Finally, Ederson (5.7M – GK) had two clean sheets and made 4 saves against Aston Villa.
The Foxes had two great games against tough opponents. They won against Southampton and Chelsea without conceding a goal. The defense of the team was great in both matches. The goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel (5.1M – GK) had two clean-sheets with 8 saves. James Maddison (7.7M – MID), Harvey Barnes (7.6M – MID), Youri Tielemans (6.8M – MID), and Onyinye Wilfred Ndidi (4.5M – MID) contributed on offense in these two matches.
The Red Devils had two away matches against Liverpool in Anfield and at Fulham. In the first match against the Reds, they got a draw without any goals in the match. In the second match against Fulham, they conceded an early goal but once again found the way to turn the match around. Manchester United after these two matches climbed into first place in the Premier League.
The Hammers got two important wins against Burnley and West Brom. The defense of the team is solid and with the step-up of Michail Antonio (6.0M – FWD) and his two goals, West Ham won both matches.
Matheus Pereira (West Brom)
The midfielder of West Brom was amazing! He scored three goals in two matches. Matheus Pereira (6.0M – MID) with his two goals against Wolves led West Brom to the win. He also scored against West Ham but West Brom lost. With a total of 20 fantasy points, he was the best midfielder of this crazy gameweek 19.
Top disappointments of Gameweeks 18-19
Liverpool / Salah
The champions were bad on gameweek 19. They played two matches at their home and didn’t win any of them. In the first match against Manchester United, both teams were focused on defense with a 0-0 final score. The second game was ‘’easy’’ against Burnley. That’s why Klopp decided to rest Mohamed Salah (12.3M – MID) and Firmino (8.4M – FWD) and not include them in the starting line-up. The offense was not efficient with Divock Origi (5.9M – FWD) losing many great chances to score. Finally, Liverpool substituted in Salah and Firmino but after a while conceded after a caused penalty by Alisson (5.6M – GK) and lost. Salah one of the most popular players and one of the most picked players as a captain made only 4 fantasy points in two matches!!
The Magpies continued their bad streak. They lost from Sheffield United in gameweek 18 but also lost both matches in gameweek 19 against Arsenal and Aston Villa. Newcastle didn’t score any goals in these last three matches. From the last 8 matches, the 6 of them are losses and two draws without a win!
Jamie Vardy (Leicester)
In this gameweek, the popular striker Jamie Vardy (10.8M – FWD) was both disappointing and unlucky. Leicester had two matches, and Vardy was a trendy pick, but he didn’t score or assist. The star of the Foxes got injured in the last minutes of the second match and will be absent for a long time.
The Blues are struggling on offense. They played two matches against Fulham and Leicester and got a win against Fulham thanks to a goal of Mason Mount. Christian Pulisic (8.2M – MID), Hakim Ziyech (8.0M – MID), Tammy Abraham (FWD), and the most talented Timo Werner (9.4M – FWD) can’t find the way to cooperate.
Pick’em Jackpot – go for the big payday!
The concept of Pick’em Jackpot is easy as it can get: Pick as many correct outcomes as possible from the coupon that usually contains 13 matches and 1 jackpot match. You will collect money prizes if you predict the correct outcome of 10, 11, 12 or 13 matches. If you predict the correct scoreline in the jackpot match in addition to having predicted all 13 outcomes correctly, you win the jackpot!