The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with 22 gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 22 in a glance
This gameweek was pretty amazing! We had many matches with really unpredictable final scores, and a total of 31 goals and 15 out of 20 teams scoring. The 22nd round started with 4 games on Tuesday. Wolves bounced back against Arsenal and got the surprising 2-1 win. That victory was special, after 8 matches without a win. Sheffield United continued their good performances of the last few games and won the derby against West Brom with a 2-1 score. Manchester United hosted Southampton in a historic match! The Red Devils destroyed the Saints with a 9-0 score!! This win will probably be the biggest of the season. The last match of the day was between Newcastle against Crystal Palace with the visiting team gets the victory with a 1-2 score.
On Wednesday we had five matches. Manchester City got the tricky away win against Burnley with 0-2 score. Leicester also got a victory against Fulham with the same score. Later, Leeds hosted Everton with the Toffees getting the win with 1-2. West Ham got an important victory with 1-3 score against Aston Villa thanks to the great performance of Jesse Lingard. Brighton was coming from a surprising win against the Spurs, and this week they surprised us even more beating Liverpool 0-1 at Anfield!
The last match of this gameweek was on Thursday with the derby between Spurs and Chelsea. The Blues were better than the Spurs and got a close victory with a 0-1 score.
Results in Gameweek 22
Wolves 2-1 Arsenal
Pepe (Lacazette), Neves (Jose), Moutinho (Neto)
Sheffield United 2-1 West Brom
Phillips (Diagne), Bogle (Basham), Sharp (Egan)
Newcastle 1-2 Crystal Palace
Shelvey (Wilson), Riedewald, Cahill (Eze)
Manchester United 9-0 Southampton
Wan-Bissaka (Shaw), Rashford (Greenwood), Bednarek OG (Rashford), Cavani (Shaw), Martial (Fernandes), McTominay, Fernandes (Martial), Martial (Wan-Bissaka), James (Fernandes)
Burnley 0-2 Manchester City
Jesus (Silva), Sterling (Gundogan)
Fulham 0-2 Leicester
Iheanacho (Maddison), Justin (Maddison)
Leeds 1-2 Everton
Sigurdsson (Digne), Calvert-Lewin (Godfrey), Raphinha (Bamford)
Aston Villa 1-3 West Ham
Soucek (Benrahma), Lingard (Antonio), Watkins (Grealish), Lingard (Antonio)
Liverpool 0-1 Brighton
Spurs 0-1 Chelsea
GW21 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 22
- Edouard Mendy (5.0M – Chelsea): The goalkeeper of Chelsea with two saves and the clean sheet against the Spurs was the best goalkeeper of this gameweek. (8 Fantasy Points)
- David de Gea (5.2M – Manchester United): The match against Southampton was pretty easy and the goalkeeper made only one save for the clean sheet. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
- Kasper Schmeichel (5.1M – Leicester): He made one keeper save against Fulham getting an easy clean sheet. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
- Robert Sanchez (4.3M – Brighton): The goalkeeper of Brighton made only one, but a difficult save against Liverpool, getting an unexpected clean sheet with a win. (7.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 22
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka (5.7M – Manchester United): He made his best performance with Manchester United. Wan-Bissaka scored a goal, but also provided an assist! He got the clean sheet and was one of the best in the huge win against Southampton. (16 Fantasy Points)
- James Justin (5.0M – Leicester): The defender of Leicester scored with a nice header against Fulham and also got a clean sheet. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Jayden Bogle (4.5M – Sheffield United): The left-back of Sheffield scored his second goal of the season and equaled the score against West Brom. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Gary Cahill (4.4M – Crystal Palace): He gave the lead to his team with a nice header. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Jairo Riedewald (4.2M – Crystal Palace): He scored a goal with an amazing shot against Newcastle. (9 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 22
- Bruno Fernandes (11.4M – Manchester United): The popular midfielder was great once again. He scored a goal with a penalty and provided two assists in the big win against the Saints. (16 Fantasy Points)
- Jesse Lingard (5.1M – West Ham): What a debut with his new team! Lingard scored twice against Aston Villa. (13 Fantasy Points)
- James Maddison (7.7M – Leicester): He provided two assists against Fulham and led his team to the win. (11 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 22
- Antony Martial (9.2M – Manchester United): He played only in the second half but he managed to score twice and also give an assist. Martial returned to his great performances. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Michail Antonio (6.1M – West Ham): The striker of West Ham provided both of the assists to Lingard’s goals. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Marcus Rashford (8.6M – Manchester United): The popular forward played only 60 minutes and didn’t get the extra point of the 60+ minutes. He had a goal and an assist against Southampton. (9 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 22
What a historic night for Manchester United!! The Red Devils got a player advantage in the 2nd minute of the match against Southampton after the dangerous hit by Jankewitz who faced the red card immediately! After that, Manchester had an easy night. Aaron Wan-Bissaka (5.7M – DEF) scored the first goal in the 18th minute and then Southampton fell apart. The first half ended with a 4-0 score with Marcus Rashford (8.6M – FWD) having a goal and an assist. Luke Shaw (5.2M – DEF) was also great, playing only in the first half, but proving two assists. In the second half, Antony Martial (9.2M – FWD) and Bruno Fernandes (11.4M – MID) were outstanding with the first one scoring two goals and winning a penalty kick. Fernandes scored the penalty kick, but also provided two assists, making him fantasy owners once again proud to trust him.
The Seagulls, after the great match against the Spurs, this gameweek shocked Liverpool and got an amazing victory with a 0-1 score. The defense of Brighton was really good and didn’t let Salah and the rest of Liverpool create opportunities to score. Brighton took the lead with a goal of Steven Alzate (4.5M – MID) from the assist of Leandro Trossard (5.8M – MID), who had a second great game in a row.
The Hammers are continuing their great season so far and keep impressing everyone. This gameweek they had a tough away match against Aston Villa but they were amazing and won with a 1-3 score. Tomas Soucek (5.3M – MID) scored his 8th goal of the season and the debut match of Jesse Lingard (5.1M – MID) with West Ham was ideal. Lingard scored two goals and Michail Antonio (6.1M – FWD) provided both assists.
They had a tough match-up against Arsenal and forced them into their first loss after 7 games. Wolves returned to victories and broke their negative record of 8-games without a win. They turned the match around after the red card on David Luiz and the penalty kick that he committed. Ruben Neves (5.6M – MID) had a successful penalty kick and Joao Moutinho (5.5M – MID) scored the second goal of the Wolves.
The Blades got their 3rd win in their 5 last matches. In this gameweek, they faced a really important match-up against West Brom and got the victory with a 2-1 score. Sheffield United even though conceded a goal and was losing with Jayden Bogle (4.5M – DEF) and Billy Sharp (5.2M – FWD) turned the match around for the important win.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 22
The Saints suffered a humiliating loss from Manchester United! They suffered a historic loss with a 9-0 score that will not be able to forget easily. The dangerous hit from Alexandre Jankewitz (4.5M – MID) in the first minute of the game forced the referee to show him a red card and leave Southampton with a player disadvantage. The defense fell apart 15 minutes later and the Saints conceded 4 goals in the first half of the match! The second half wasn’t different and a second red card on center-back of the team Jan Bednarek (4.6M – DEF) made Manchester United score 3 more goals in the last minutes of the game for the final 9-0 score!
The defending champions had a pretty huge setback and suffered a loss from Brighton at Anfield. Liverpool was bad in offense and did not create any serious opportunity for a goal. Mohamed Salah (12.2M – MID) couldn’t continue his previous good performance and the defense had issues without their starter center-back Joel Matip (5.1M – DEF).
The Spurs suffered their 3rd consecutive loss. Mourinho’s team was terrible for one more match without their superstar Harry Kane. Heung-Min Son (10.6M – MID) isn’t stepping up and seems that he can’t fill his shoes. The offense clearly struggles without their irreplaceable striker, and it will be hard for the Spurs to find a good result while Harry Kane (11.4M – FWD) is away.
The Villans had a bad game against the tough West Ham and suffered a loss with a 1-3 score. Aston Villa got their 4th loss in the last 6 games. Emiliano Martinez (4.8M – GK) had the worst personal performance so far this season. He was personally responsible for two of the three goals that they conceded, losing some ground from his stellar performances earlier in the season.
Pick’em Jackpot – go for the big payday!
The concept of Pick’em Jackpot is easy as it can get: Pick as many correct outcomes as possible from the coupon that usually contains 13 matches and 1 jackpot match. You will collect money prizes if you predict the correct outcome of 10, 11, 12 or 13 matches. If you predict the correct scoreline in the jackpot match in addition to having predicted all 13 outcomes correctly, you win the jackpot!