The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with 24 gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 24 in a glance
This gameweek we had two more matches than the usual 10 games. We had a total of 34 goals across 12 games, and 17 out of 24 teams scoring. Manchester City, Everton, Fulham, and Burnley played two matches in this crazy gameweek.
The gameweek 24 started with four matches on Saturday. In the opener match, Leicester hosted Liverpool and the Foxes put an end to any hopes of the Reds for a fight for the championship. Leicester managed to turn the match around and win with a 3-1 score. Crystal Palace got a huge defeat by Burnley with a 0-3 score. The most appealing match of this gameweek was between Manchester City and Spurs, but the Citizens destroyed the Spurs with a 3-0 score thanks to an amazing performance by Gundogan. In the last match of the day, Brighton could not score against Aston Villa with Martinez making a great match and saving his team multiple times. The match ended as a 0-0 draw.
We also had four games on Sunday. Southampton lost 6th time in a row, which is the worst streak of their history. Wolves had a really bad first half against Southampton, but in the second half, they played a lot better and got the victory with a 1-2 score. West Brom had a really tough match against Manchester United and their great defense forced the Red Devils into a 1-1 draw. West Brom got the lead with an early goal and Manchester United couldn’t find the goals for the win. Arsenal had an amazing win against Leeds. Aubameyang gave an incredible performance with a hat-trick and led his team to a victory with a 4-2 score. Fulham got an unexpected away win against Everton and the new striker of the team Maja scored both goals for his team.
The next two matches were on Monday. In the first match, West Ham got a big win against Sheffield United with a 3-0 score. Chelsea hosted Newcastle and the Blues managed to take the win with a 2-0 score. Chelsea has four consecutive wins and no losses in the last five matches with their new coach.
The last two matches of this exciting gameweek 24 were on Wednesday. Burnley hosted Fulham, and the match ended as a 1-1 draw. Everton had a tough match against Manchester City. The Citizens kept their streak going and won with a 1-3 score.
Results in Gameweek 24
Leicester 3-1 Liverpool
Salah (Firmino), Maddison (Barnes), Vardy, Barnes (Ndidi)
Crystal Palace 0-3 Burnley
Gudmundsson, Rodriguez (McNeil), Lowton (Rodriguez)
Manchester City 3-0 Spurs
Rodrigo (Gundogan), Gundogan (Sterling), Gundogan (Ederson)
Brighton 0-0 Aston Villa
Southampton 1-2 Wolves
Ings (Armstrong), Neves (Semedo), Neto (Neves)
West Brom 1-1 Manchester United
Diagne (Gallagher), Fernandes (Shaw)
Arsenal 4-2 Leeds
Aubameyang (Xhaka), Aubameyang (Saka), Bellerin (Ceballos), Aubameyang (Smith Rowe), Struijk (Raphinha), Costa (Roberts)
Everton 0-2 Fulham
Maja (Aina), Maja (Reed)
West Ham 3-0 Sheffield United
Rice (Lingard), Diop (Cresswell), Frederics (Benrahma)
Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle
Giroud , Werner (Mount)
Burnley 1-1 Fulham
Aina (Andersen), Barnes (Rodriguez)
Everton 1-3 Manchester City
Foden, Richarlison (Digne), Mahrez (Silva), Silva (Jesus)
GW24 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 24
- Ederson (5.8M – Manchester City): Ederson had an amazing match against the Spurs. Not only he didn’t concede a goal but with a crazy long-range pass managed to give an assist to the 3rd goal of his team! 11.5 fantasy points vs Spurs and 3.5 against Everton. (15 Fantasy Points)
- Nick Pope (5.1M – Burnley): He had a two-match gameweek and got a clean sheet against Crystal Palace. 8.5 fantasy points vs Crystal Palace and 3.5 vs Fulham. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Alphonse Areola (4.5M – Fulham): Great gameweek from the goalkeeper of Fulham. He kept the clean sheet against Everton with 2 saves. He got 8 fantasy points against Everton and 3 against Burnley. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Emiliano Martinez (4.8M – Aston Villa): He had an outstanding performance! Martinez was by far the best player on his team and was the reason that Aston Villa got the 0-0 draw. He made 9 keeper saves against Brighton!! (10.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 24
- Ola Aina (4.5M – Fulham): The defender of Fulham was the best player of the gameweek! He had two amazing matches. In the first one, he got the clean sheet with an assist, and in the second one scored the only goal of his team. 10 fantasy points vs Everton and 8 vs Burnley. (18 Fantasy Points)
- Matthew Lowton (4.5M – Burnley): He had a great match against Crystal Palace, where he scored a goal and got an assist. He also played a second match against Fulham. 13 fantasy points vs Crystal Palace and 2 vs Fulham. (15 Fantasy Points)
- Issa Diop (4.5M – West Ham): The center-back of West Ham scored a goal with a nice header against Sheffield United and got the clean sheet. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Joachim Andersen (4.3M – Fulham): He got a clean sheet against Everton and in the second match of his team against Burnley he provided an assist. 7 fantasy points vs Everton and 5 vs Burnley. (12 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 24
- Ilkay Gundogan (6.3M – Manchester City): Gundogan once again was outstanding. He played only in the first match of his team against the Spurs. He scored two goals and also won a penalty (fantasy assist). Had he played the second game too, we’d have probably seen a 20+ score from him. (17 Fantasy Points)
- Bernardo Silva (6.7M – Manchester City): He played both matches of this gameweek and in the second one against Everton scored a goal and provided an assist. 4 fantasy points vs Spurs and 12 vs Everton. (16 Fantasy Points)
- Phil Foden (7.7M – Manchester City): The ‘Wonder Kid’ stepping up and gives great solutions in the offense for the Citizens. He scored with a nice shot against Everton. 5 fantasy points vs Spurs and 9 vs Everton. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Rodrigo (5.5M – Manchester City): The defensive midfielder scored the first goal of his team against the Spurs with a penalty kick. 10 fantasy points vs Spurs and 3 vs Everton. (13 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 24
- Jay Rodriguez (5.3M – Burnley): The striker of Burnley made two great performances. In the first match against Crystal Palace, he scored and provided an assist and in the second one against Fulham also made the assist. 11 fantasy points vs Crystal Palace +6 vs Fulham. (17 Fantasy Points)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (9.5M – Arsenal): The striker of Arsenal made his best performance against Leeds. He scored a hat-trick!! (16 Fantasy Points)
- Josh Maja (5.1M – Fulham): In his first match as a starter for Fulham he was outstanding! He scored both goals for his team. 11 fantasy points vs Everton and 3 vs Burnley. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Ashley Barnes (5.3M – Burnley): Barnes played two matches and he scored a goal against Fulham. 4 fantasy points vs Crystal Palace and 7 vs Fulham. (11 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 24
The Citizens are continuing to impress with their winning streak. Manchester City had two matches this gameweek against Spurs and Everton where they won both of them. Ilkay Gundogan (6.4M – MID) played only in the first one but he scored two times and also got an assist. Ederson (5.8M – GK) kept a clean sheet against Spurs and provided an assist!! Phil Foden (7.6M – MID) had a nice goal against Everton. Bernardo Silva (6.7M – MID) stood out in the second match with a goal and an assist.
The Foxes put an end to any hopes of Liverpool’s dreams for the trophy. They managed to turn the match around after the goal they conceded and got a huge win with a 3-1 score. Harvey Barnes (7.6M – MID) had a perfect match with a goal and an assist. James Maddison (7.7M – MID) also scored a goal and the star of the team Jamie Vardy (10.6M – FWD) got the advantage of the mistake in Liverpool’s defense and returned to goals after 9 gameweeks.
Arsenal / Aubameyang
The Gunners took advantage of the weak defense of Leeds and their offensive style. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (9.6M – FWD) stood out and scored a hat-trick! Hector Bellerin (4.7M – DEF) scored his first goal of the season and the young talented midfielders Bukayo Saka (7.0M – MID) and Emile Smith Rowe (4.8M – MID) provided an assist.
Fulham played two matches this gameweek. They had an amazing match against Everton! Their new striker Josh Maja (5.1M – FWD) scored two goals. Also, the team was really good on defense and kept a clean sheet. The second match was against Burnley where they got an important draw. Ola Aina (4.5M – DEF) was amazing in both matches with a clean sheet, a goal, and an assist!
Top disappointments of Gameweek 24
The Reds got one more loss this gameweek. Liverpool suffered a loss by Leicester in a match where they got the lead. After this loss, Jurgen Klopp announced that Liverpool won’t be able to fight for the championship and defend their title!
The Spurs were terrible against Manchester City. They were unable to threaten the defense of City except for the shot from Harry Kane (11.4M – FWD) that ended in the side-bar. The defense couldn’t stop the great defense of the Citizens and suffered their 4th loss in the last 5 matches.
What a terrible gameweek for the Toffees! Everton hosted Fulham and Manchester City and lost both of the matches. The loss from Fulham was pretty unexpected and disappointing.
The Saints for the first time in their history suffered 6 losses in a row. Their negative streak makes them one of the weakest teams in the league right now. Southampton had a good first half against Wolves where they had the lead, but in the second one, they conceded two goals and lost the match. The defense of the team is really bad in these last six matches.
The Eagles lost once again without their star Wilfried Zaha (7.1M – MID). They conceded three goals from Burnley and were unable to threaten the opponent’s goal. Crystal Palace desperately needs their star to come-back in order to return to positive results.
Pick’em Jackpot – go for the big payday!
The concept of Pick’em Jackpot is easy as it can get: Pick as many correct outcomes as possible from the coupon that usually contains 13 matches and 1 jackpot match. You will collect money prizes if you predict the correct outcome of 10, 11, 12 or 13 matches. If you predict the correct scoreline in the jackpot match in addition to having predicted all 13 outcomes correctly, you win the jackpot!