The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with 25 gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 25 in a glance
This gameweek we had one more match than the usual 10 games. We had a total of 22 goals across 11 games, and 15 out of 22 teams scoring. The teams that played twice this gameweek were Leeds and Southampton.
This gameweek started on Friday with Wolves hosting Leeds. Wolves managed to play smart and not let Bielsa’s squad impose their game. Although Meslier was great throughout the match, he was unlucky and scored an own goal. Wolves got the win with a 1-0 score.
We had four matches on Saturday. Southampton forced Chelsea to a 1-1 draw. The Saints got a draw after 6 losses, while Chelsea was on a 4 win streak before that result. The next match was between Burnley and West Brom. Both of the teams were unable to score and the match ended with a final 0-0 score. Liverpool got their 4th loss in a row! Everton got an amazing win against their hometown rivals with a 0-2 score. In the last match of the day, Fulham got a close win against Sheffield United with a 1-0 score.
We also had four matches on Sunday. West Ham managed to beat the Spurs with a 2-1 score. Leicester visited Aston Villa and got the away win with a 1-2 score. In the derby of this gameweek, Arsenal hosted Manchester City. The match didn’t have many goals as expected, but Manchester City got a close win with a 1-0 score thanks to an early goal from Sterling. In the final match of the weekend, Manchester United played against Newcastle. The Reds were really good and got the win with a 3-1 score.
On Monday we had a duel between Brighton and Crystal Palace. Even though Brighton was better on the field, Palace managed to score twice with only two opportunities they had. Mateta scored the most beautiful goal of this gameweek. That was his first goal with Palace. The final match of this gameweek was on Tuesday. Leeds played against Southampton and with a great second half managed to get the win with a 3-0 score.
Results in Gameweek 25
Wolves 1-0 Leeds
Meslier OG (Traore)
Southampton 1-1 Chelsea
Minamino (Redmond), Mount
Burnley 0-0 West Brom
Liverpool 0-2 Everton
Richarlison (Rodriguez), Sigurdsson (Calvert-Lewin)
Fulham 1-0 Sheffield United
West Ham 2-1 Spurs
Antonio, Lingard (Fornals), Moura (Bale)
Aston Villa 1-2 Leicester
Maddison (Barnes), Barnes (Vardy), Traore (McGinn)
Arsenal 0-1 Manchester City
Manchester United 3-1 Newcastle
Rashford (Maguire), Saint-Maximin, James (Fernandes), Fernandes (Rashford)
Brighton 1-2 Crystal Palace
Mateta (Ayew),Veltman, Benteke (Townsend)
Leeds 3-0 Southampton
Bamford (Roberts), Dallas (Costa), Raphinha (Costa)
GW25 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 25
- Ilan Meslier (4.5M – Leeds): He was pretty unlucky against Wolves and scored an own goal but he had 5 saves and got 1.5 fantasy points. In the second match against Southampton, he was excellent with 5 saves and a clean sheet and got 9.5 fantasy points. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Rui Patricio (4.8M – Wolves): He was amazing and made 7 saves against Leeds. He stopped Leeds from scoring and gave Wolves the win and the clean sheet. (10.5 Fantasy Points)
- Jordan Pickford (4.5M – Everton): He was great against Liverpool and had 6 saves with a clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Alphonse Areola (4.5M – Fulham): The goalkeeper of Fulham made 2 saves for the clean sheet against Sheffield United. (8 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 25
- Stuart Dallas (5.0M – Leeds): The defender of Leeds was the best player of this gameweek with a goal and clean sheet versus Southampton. He got 13 fantasy points, but also 1 fantasy point against Wolves. (14 Fantasy Points)
- The defenders of Leeds that played two matches: Liam Cooper (4.4M), Pascal Struijk (4.1M), and Luke Ayling (4.5M) got 8 fantasy points with one clean sheet versus Southampton.
- The defenders of Wolves, Everton, Fulham, and Manchester City got a clean sheet with a win and a total of 7 fantasy points.
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 25
- Harvey Barnes (7.6M – Leicester): The midfielder of the Foxes was great once again. He took part in both goals of his team with a goal and an assist. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Bruno Fernandes (11.6M – Manchester United): The superstar of United provided an assist but also scored a goal with a penalty kick. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Raphinha (5.9M – Leeds): The winger of Leeds got 2 fantasy points against Wolves and 9 fantasy points against Southampton. He scored a beautiful goal with a free-kick. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Raheem Sterling (11.0M – Manchester City): The star of the Citizens scored the only goal of his team against Arsenal and gave Manchester City one more win. (10 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 25
- Marcus Rashford (10.3M – Manchester United): The striker of the Reds stood out and scored the first goal of the match. He also won the penalty kick and got a fantasy assist. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Patrick Bamford (7.1M – Leeds): The star of Leeds got 2 fantasy points against Wolves, but against Southampton scored his 13th goal of the season and got 8 fantasy points. (10 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 25
The Toffees made a historic win against Liverpool. Everton recorded their first Premier League win at Anfield since 1999! Richarlison (7.4M – FWD) and Gylfi Sigurdsson (6.5M – MID) scored the goals in the match. The goalkeeper Jordan Pickford (4.5M – GK) was great and the defense of the team didn’t let the Reds score.
What an incredible season so far from the Hammers! They are continuing to deliver and get wins. This weekend they won the Spurs and that was their 7th win in the last 9 matches. Jesse Lingard (5.1M – MID) and Michail Antonio (6.1M – FWD) scored the goals for West Ham.
The Citizens got one more win this gameweek. This gameweek had a tough match-up at Arsenal but managed to win with a 0-1 score. Raheem Sterling (11.0M – MID) scored the only goal with an assist from Riyad Mahrez (8.9M – MID). The defense of the City was great and got the clean sheet once again.
Fulham played an important derby against Sheffield United and got the win with a 1-0 score. The newcomer team thanks to their great defense and Ademola Lookman’s (5.4M – MID) goal are still alive for the fight to remain in the Premier League.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 25
The Reds got their 4th consecutive loss. Liverpool suffered a loss by Everton. The injury problems are huge for the Reds. For the whole season, Liverpool struggles to find their defender duo and Klopp has tried 17 different duos in the center of the defense.
Danny Ings (Southampton)
The popular striker of the Saints had a two-game gameweek and many managers believed in him to deliver many fantasy points. Ings didn’t gather any fantasy points in two matches!! In the first match against Chelsea, he committed a penalty and in the second half, he wasn’t on the starting lineup. When he was substituted in against Leeds, Southampton conceded two more goals.
The Spurs had a really tough match-up against West Ham. Mourinho’s team didn’t play well once again and defeated with a 2-1 score. Harry Kane (11.4M – FWD) and Heung-Min Son (10.6M – MID) were quiet and didn’t have any impact on the match.
The Seagulls suffered a devastating loss from Crystal Palace. Brighton was the better team on the field but Palace found an amazing goal and took the lead. They managed to equal the score but couldn’t find a second goal to turn the match around. In the last minute of the match, Palace scored a second goal and took the win. Brighton had a home game loss from a team that suffers without their star Zaha.
Burnley didn’t lose against West Brom. However, their performance this Gameweek was disappointing. Burnley was playing with an extra player advantage after the red card on Semi Ajayi (4.3M – DEF), but they couldn’t win the match. Moreover, West Brom was the better team on the field, missing many opportunities to score.
Pick’em Jackpot – go for the big payday!
The concept of Pick’em Jackpot is easy as it can get: Pick as many correct outcomes as possible from the coupon that usually contains 13 matches and 1 jackpot match. You will collect money prizes if you predict the correct outcome of 10, 11, 12 or 13 matches. If you predict the correct scoreline in the jackpot match in addition to having predicted all 13 outcomes correctly, you win the jackpot!