The Fanteam Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with 27 gameweeks already in the books. In this Gameweek review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 27 in a glance
This gameweek continued with Manchester City and Southampton playing twice, and a total of 11 matches! We had 26 goals across the 11 games, and 13 out of 22 teams scoring. We had 2 matches with many goals and 8 out 11 game had 2 of fewer goals.
This exciting gameweek started on Saturday with 4 matches. Burnley did not let Arsenal win and the match ended with a 1-1 draw. Sheffield United was defeated by Southampton by 0-2. The Saints were without a win since the 4th of January and the match against Liverpool. Aston Villa and Wolves were unable to score and the final score was a 0-0 draw. In the final match of the day, Brighton hosted Leicester. The Foxes, even though they conceded an early goal, turned the match around and won with a 1-2 score.
We continued with four matches on Sunday. West Brom and Newcastle had too many opportunities to score but they were not efficient and the match ended without any goals. Fulham visited Liverpool and beaten the champions in Anfield with a 0-1 score! Liverpool is continuing to sink and this loss was the 6th in a row in their home. The derby between Manchester City and Manchester United was by far the most appealing one. The Red Devils had to take the win in order to reduce the difference from the top, and they did! Manchester United forced Manchester City to a loss and stopped their undefeated streak. United played really well and won with a 0-2 score. In the final game of the day, the Spurs beat Crystal Palace with a 4-1 score. Harry Kane made an incredible performance with 2 goals and 2 assists!!
We also had two matches on Monday. Chelsea is continuing to impress and this gameweek against Everton they took another win without conceding a goal. The match ended with a 2-0 score. West Ham hosted Leeds and with two goals in the first half the Hammers took the victory with a 2-0 score.
The final match of this gameweek was on Wednesday. Manchester City hosted Southampton in a beautiful match! The Citizens showed their talent in offense and scored 5 goals, while the Saints scored twice against the best defense of the league. De Bruyne, Mahrez and Foden were the best players for the Manchester City. This crazy match ended with a 5-2 score.
Results in Gameweek 27
Burnley 1-1 Arsenal
Aubameyang (Willian), Wood
Sheffield United 0-2 Southampton
Ward-Prowse (Tella), Adams (Armstrong)
Aston Villa 0-0 Wolves
Brighton 1-2 Leicester
Lallana (Maupay), Iheanacho (Tielemans), Amartey (Albrighton)
Leicester 1-3 Arsenal
Tielemans, Luiz (Willian), Lacazette (Pepe), Pepe (Willian)
West Brom 0-0 Newcastle
Liverpool 0-1 Fulham
Manchester City 0-2 Manchester United
Fernandes (Martial), Shaw (Rashford)
Spurs 4-1 Crystal Palace
Bale (Kane), Benteke (Milivojevic), Bale (Kane), Kane (Doherty), Kane (Son)
Chelsea 2-0 Everton
Godfrey OG (Havertz), Jorginho (Havertz)
West Ham 2-0 Leeds
Lingard, Dawson (Cresswell)
Manchester City 5-2 Southampton
De Bruyne (Foden), Ward-Prowse (Vestergaard), Mahrez, Gundogan (Mahrez), Mahrez (Foden), Adams (Armstrong), De Bruyne (Foden)
GW27 Review: Players that stood out
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 27
- Dean Henderson (4.9M – Manchester United): Henderson with 6 saves against Manchester City managed to keep the clean sheet. He was among the best players of United in the win against City. (9 Fantasy Points)
- Sam Johnstone (4.5M – West Brom): The goalkeeper of West Brom made 5 saves and kept the clean sheet against Newcastle. (8.5 Fantasy Points)
- Alphonse Areola (4.6M – Fulham): He made 3 saves against Liverpool and got the clean sheet with the win!! (8.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 27
- Craig Dawson (4.6M – West Ham): He scored a beautiful goal with a header after a corner-kick from Cresswell against Leeds. He also got the clean sheet and was the best defender for gameweek 27. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Luke Shaw (5.3M – Manchester United): The left-back of United scored with a nice shot against City and got the clean sheet. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Aaron Cresswell (5.3M – West Ham): He made an excellent corner-kick to an assist to Dawson. He also got the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Daniel Amartey (4.0M – Leicester): He scored a goal against Brighton and gave his team the lead for the win. (9 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 27
- Riyad Mahrez (8.9M – Manchester City): Mahrez once again was amazing in the double-game gameweek. He scored two goals and provided one assist against Southampton in only 61 minutes. He also got 2 fantasy points again Manchester United. (18 Fantasy Points)
- James Ward-Prowse (6.7M – Southampton): The midfielder of Southampton scored two penalties this gameweek. One against Sheffield United and one against Manchester City. (17 Fantasy Points)
- Kevin De Bruyne (11.4M – Manchester City): He scored twice against Southampton and also got 2 fantasy points against Manchester United. (15 Fantasy Points)
- Phil Foden (7.8M – Manchester City): The young midfielder provided 3 assists against Southampton!! He wasn’t in the starting line-up against Manchester United, where he played only for 21 minutes. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Gareth Bale (7.9M – Spurs): Bale is continuing to step up and finding his form. In this gameweek against Crystal Palace, he scored two goals!! (13 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 27
- Harry Kane (11.5M – Spurs): The superstar of the Spurs was impressive! He took part in all 4 goals of his team with 2 goals and 2 assists!! (17 Fantasy Points)
- Che Adams (6.1M – Southampton): The striker of the Saints scored two goals in two matches. He scored against Sheffield United and Manchester City. (13 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us the most in Gameweek 27
The Red Devils forced Manchester City into a loss after a 15-match winning run in the Premier League. A successful penalty kick by Bruno Fernandes (11.6M – MID) in just the 2nd minute of the match gave the lead to United. Luke Shaw (5.3M – DEF) doubled the lead of his team in the second half and the defense of United was really good. They did not let Manchester City create many opportunities to score and Dean Henderson (4.9M – GK) had a great match with 6 keeper saves.
What an amazing game from Harry Kane (11.5M – FWD)! The striker of the Spurs scored two goals and created two more for Gareth Bale (7.9M – MID). This was the 3rd win in a row for Mourinho’s team. Spurs have scored 13 goals in 3 matches and conceded only one.
The newcomer team found an incredible win against Liverpool. Fulham took advantage of the bad form of Liverpool and got a very important win! The defense of Fulham was pretty good and Alphonse Areola (4.6M – GK) made some great saves. The scorer of the match was Mario Lemina (4.9M – MID). With this win Fulham have closed the gap from Brighton and Newcastle in the fight for the survival.
The Blues are continuing their undefeated streak and this gameweek beat Everton without conceding a goal. Tuchel’s team is becoming better and better and against Everton, Kai Havertz (7.6M – MID) had his best game since the start of the season. He had two fantasy assists (won a penalty kick for his team).
Top disappointments of Gameweek 27
The Reds are continuing to disappoint almost every gameweek. This gameweek, Liverpool defeated for 6th time in a row in Anfield. The offense was struggling once again and Mohamed Salah (12.1M – MID) with Sadio Mane (11.2M – MID) couldn’t find the way to unlock Fulham’s defense. The return of Diogo Jota (6.7M – FWD) in the starting line-up, made everyone believe that something will change but it didn’t.
The Seagulls were defeated for the 3rd time in a row and are now without a win for 5 matches. Brighton, even though scoring the first goal and taking the lead against Leicester, lost the match. They are now in a difficult spot and have to fight for their survival in the Premier League.
Raheem Sterling/Manchester City’s defense
What a disaster gameweek for Manchester City’s defense and Raheem Sterling (11.0M – Manchester City)! The defense of the team didn’t retain a clean sheet in two matches, while Sterling played only in the first match, scoring only 2 fantasy points in two matches!!
Pick’em Jackpot – go for the big payday!
The concept of Pick’em Jackpot is easy as it can get: Pick as many correct outcomes as possible from the coupon that usually contains 13 matches and 1 jackpot match. You will collect money prizes if you predict the correct outcome of 10, 11, 12 or 13 matches. If you predict the correct scoreline in the jackpot match in addition to having predicted all 13 outcomes correctly, you win the jackpot!