Last year’s €1M season game saw a brilliantly close-fought battle, before user ‘CheckJosh’ (Josh Wooldridge) who eventually took home the €200,000 1st place prize. Read our interview with Josh here.
FanTeam has grown substantially since the 2020/21 Premier League season game and continues to do so at a rapid and healthy rate.
This season, the entry to our £1M game will be set at £20/€23, keeping it in line with our Euro 2020 £1M game, but also is less then what we charged in 2020/21 (€25).
Also, we have listened carefully to user feedback and made subtle changes to improve the overall user experience. Furthermore, player prices have diligently been set to ensure more players are viable for selection.
This should all lead to our biggest and best Fantasy Premier League season-long game ever and we’re super excited to have you join us.
A full breakdown of our £1M season game Rules are provided below in both text and an info-graphic. If you have any questions regarding our Game Rules, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help.
- YOU HAVE A STARTING BUDGET OF 100M TO BUILD YOUR 15-MAN SQUAD.
- BUILD A SQUAD OF 15 PLAYERS, CONSISTING OF 2 GKS, 5 DEFs, 5 MIDs AND 3 FWDs.
- YOU CAN SELECT A MAXIMUM OF 3 PLAYERS FROM ONE PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM.
- YOU CAN MAKE UNLIMITED CHANGES TO YOUR TEAMS UNTIL GAMEWEEK 1 STARTS ON FRIDAY 13TH AUGUST AT 20:00BST.
- FROM GAMEWEEK 2 ONWARDS, THE GAMEWEEK DEADLINE FOR TRANSFERS & TEAM-CHANGES WILL BE 90-MINUTES PRIOR TO THE FIRST KICK-OFF.
- DEADLINE FOR TRANSFERS & TEAM CHANGES FOR LATE REGISTRATION & WILDCARD ENTRIES WILL BE 90-MINUTES PRIOR TO FIRST KICK-OFF
- PLAYER PRICE CHANGES WILL OCCUR DURING THIS TOURNAMENT.
- PRICE CHANGES CAN OCCUR DAILY BETWEEN 24:00CET – 02:00CET (23:00BST – 01:00BST).
- A PLAYERS SELL PRICE IS THE SAME AS THEIR LIVE BUY PRICE
- SELECT A CAPTAIN & VICE CAPTAIN. YOUR CAPTAIN SCORES DOUBLE POINTS & YOUR VICE SCORES DOUBLE IF YOUR CAPTAIN DOESN’T PLAY.
- YOU HAVE 1 FREE TRANSFER EACH GAMEWEEK. ADDITIONAL TRANSFERS WILL COST 4 POINTS EACH.
- YOU CAN CARRY OVER A MAXIMUM OF ONE FREE TRANSFER, BUT NEVER HAVE MORE THAN 2 FREE SAVED TRANSFERS.
- LATE REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL THE GAMEWEEK 4 DEADLINE (90 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE GW4 KICK-OFF)
- LATE REGISTRATION TEAMS START ON 95% OF THE AVERAGE SCORE OF ALL ENTRIES.
- YOU HAVE TWO WILDCARDS. ONE FOR THE FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON (TO BE USED BEFORE THE GW20 KICK-OFF DEADLINE) AND ONE DURING THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON.
A full breakdown of our £1M season game Scoring System is provided below for you in an info-graphic. If you have any questions regarding our Scoring System, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help.
It’s worth noting that from June the 11th 2021 onwards, there has been a minor change to our points system for all fantasy football games going forward.
Impact point reduction:
- Previously, we awarded +1.0 point for a win, and -1.0 for a loss, for the period the player was on the pitch. This has now been changed to +0.3 for a win and -0.3 for a loss.
This will reduce the impact of a team’s performance and put more focus on the individual you have selected instead.
Shot on target:
- Players will now be rewarded for a shot on target: 0.4 for a forward or midfielder, 0.6 for a defender, and 1.0 for a goalkeeper.
PRIZE POOL BREAKDOWN
- The top 10 payout is a minimum of £10,000
- The top 100 payout is a minimum of £1000
- The top 500 will receive a minimum payout of £100
£25,000 PRIZE POOL FOR THE HIGHEST GAMEWEEK SCORES
This season, there will be plenty to play for throughout the entire season. This year, we have a huge £25,000 prize pool set aside for users that achieve the highest gameweek scores.
The £25,000 pool will be split between the top 10 highest scoring gameweek scores, with first place winning a massive £10,000!
Please note: transfer deductions will NOT be included in your score and double gameweeks are not eligible.
Late Registration teams can be entered before Gameweeks 2, 3 and 4 deadlines, and will begin scoring points from that gameweek deadline onwards.
Late entries will receive 95% of the average score. For example, if you enter a late registration team for the start of Gameweek 2, you will receive 95% of the average score of every entry in Gameweek 1. If you enter a team for the start of Gameweek 3, you will receive 95% of the average score of each entry from Gameweeks 1 & 2 combined.
The deadline for making transfers & team changes for late registration entries will be 90-minutes before the first kick-off – which is the same deadline for all entrants.
Start building your £1M Fantasy Premier League season teams, NOW!
The £1M game is now live in the FanTeam lobby so head on over and start creating your teams for that eagerly-awaited August 13th start.
For those of you that have not played fantasy sports on FanTeam before, here’s a quick 3-step guide to help you on your way.
Step 1 – Once you have created your new FanTeam account, head on over to the Lobby and click on our £1M Premier League Season Game entry button.
Step 2 – Check out the player prices using our easy to navigate filters and build your 15-man squad using your precious 100M team budget.
Step 3 – Submit your team to the contest and remember, you can make unlimited changes to your team until the Premier League contest kicks off on Friday the 13th August at 20:00BST.
Wishing you all the best of luck,
The FanTeam Crew.