We’ve upgraded our usual Sunday NFL Redzone contest to a REDZONE MONSTER, with prize pools of €4,000 and €20,000 available this Sunday
The increasing popularity of NFL fantasy contests on FanTeam has led to the introduction of the Week 5 €20,000 and €4,000 NFL Weekly Monster.
If you’re familiar with the Premier League Weekly Monster we run each week, then this contest will feel familiar to you.
The Week 5 NFL Monster will start at 18:00BST on Sunday the 10th of October and won’t end until around 6am the following morning.
The contest consists of 13 fixtures in total, meaning you have 26 teams in which to choose your best 9-man line-up from, so you’ll feel spoilt for choice.
If you have not played fantasy NFL before, it is full of swings and roundabouts which mirror the actual games themselves.
Events such as touchdowns will score you lot of points, so you can move up or down the leaderboard quickly and trust us when we say this, the contest is genuinely not over, until it’s over…
The NFL season has been full of excitement and drama so far and this Weekly Monster contest will be no different and is not to be missed!
A full breakdown of our NFL Weekly Monster Rules are provided below in both text and an info-graphic.
- You have a budget of €135m to build your squad.
- Build a squad of 9 players which must include at least: 1 Quarterback, 2 Running Backs, 3 Wide Receivers, 1 Tight End, 1 Defense and 1 Flex position (the Flex player can be a RB, WR, or TE only).
- The contest starts at 18:00 BST on Sunday the 10th of October and ends around 06:00 BST on Monday the 11th of October.
- You can select a maximum of 3 players from one team.
- You can make unlimited changes to your team until the contest starts on Sunday the 10th at 18:00 BST.
- Players are priced in accordance with our FanTeam Sportsbook match odds and will not be changed before the contest starts.
- The Safety Net feature is not active for this contest, so if your player doesn’t play, he’ll score zero points and not be replaced.
- There are no wildcards or player price changes in this contest. It’s a one-day fantasy contest only.
- There are no captains or vice-captains in this contest.
- There is a maximum of 100 entries per user in this contest.
- The minimum prize pools of €4K and €20K are both guaranteed.
A full breakdown of our NFL Weekly Monster Scoring is provided below in both text and an info-graphic.
The scoring system used is called PPR (points-per-reception). It rewards players with 1 point for each catch they make.
PPR favours Wide Receivers and pass-catching Tight Ends as generally, they have the most receptions in a game.
Running Backs who catch passes are also more attractive as they gain points for both rushing yards and receptions out of the backfield.
On defense, teams who create turnovers (especially interceptions) are sought after as they have the potential of running back a turnover for a touchdown (6 points plus the 1 or 2 pts for the turnover).
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
If you’re new to fantasy sports on FanTeam or new to playing the NFL version, here’s a quick guide on how to enter the NFL Weekly Monster contest.
If you’ve yet to grab your free FanTeam account then you’ll need to create a new account here – alternatively, head on over to Fanteam.com and click the green ‘Register’ button in the top right corner.
Once registered, or if you’re an existing FanTeam customer, the NFL Sunday Redzone MONSTER [€3K 1st Place] contest can be found in the Lobby, or by clicking here.
Using the team and position filters, piece together your best 9-man line-up with your 135M salary budget.
Once you’re happy with your team, submit your team to the €4K or €20K contest (or both) for an entry fee of just €2 (£1.68) or €12 (£10.08).
Managers are welcome to enter multiple teams for the same contest due to the high level of variance in this contest, but of course, each entry will cost you, so please play responsibly.
To get involved and enter a team into our NFL Sunday Redzone MONSTER fantasy contest, click here or via the banner below.