Hot on the heels of a shock Australian victory in the T20 World Cup, comes their domestic T20 bonanza! For the first time, FanTeam will cover every game. There’ll be all the usual T20 megastars on show, plus the cream of the crop from Australia’s domestic circuit. Last year the Sydney Sixers took the crown for the second year running, with England’s own James Vince scoring 193 across two scintillating playoff innings!
One thing’s for sure, we’re going to see some serious action over the next 2 months, and FanTeam has just the way to add even more excitement….
Here at FanTeam we’ll be running two huge season-long tournaments, with a €4k guarantee in the big one and just a €10 entry. For those more comfortable with a small buy-in we also have a €2, €1k guarantee version.
We’re seriously excited to see that our cricket participation has continued to grow throughout the second half of the year, and the T20 World Cup was a fantastic success. The tournament runs from 5th December through to 28th January, so you’ve just over 10 days to pick those all-important lineups 💪
Let’s walk through the rules of the season-long game, which can also be viewed via our support pages and the graphic below:
The season-long game will follow our traditional cricket format.
– 11 players are selected with a minimum of 1 wicket keeper, 1 all rounder, 3 batsmen and 3 bowlers.
– A maximum of 3 players can be selected from each participating team, rising to 4 for the playoffs.
– Each gameweek you’ll select a captain who scores double points, with your vice-captain scoring double if the captain doesn’t play.
– Our safety net feature is in play (read more here)
– There’ll be no player price changes during the tournament.
– If a game is abandoned after starting any points earned by your players will be retained
– Our traditional T20 scoring system will be used (see below)
– ‘Super Overs’ in the event of a tied match will not count towards scoring
– ‘X factor’ player substitutes don’t count towards scoring.
The tournament specifics
The season-long game will be split into nine gameweeks, and you’ll be able to make moves during those gameweeks as follows:
– Get underway 5th December at 8.15am GMT. You have until that point to select lineups.
– Late registration will be available during the first gameweek. Users taking late reg will start in gameweek 2 with 95% of the average score gained by teams entered prior to gameweek 1.
– Deadline for both transfers and late reg teams will be 90mins prior to start of Gameweek 2.
– You’ll get three transfers every week, other than during GW7 when you’ll have a wildcard to use. One transfer can be rolled forward max.
– Gets underway with the start of the playoffs
– Covers the last two playoff games, including the grand final.
So there you have it, one super simple season-long tournament to get your teeth into! We’ll be running satellites and competitions to win season-long seats over the next 10 days, so keep your eyes peeled.
The FanTeam Crew