After the thrills and spills of the Phoenix Open we move on to another top drawer PGA Tour event this week at Riviera. The last event in the ‘West Coast Swing’ is jam packed with top talent, which means another week of huge action here at Fanteam. We’ve got you covered across
🏌️ €7k Main event
🏌️ €2k Mini-Main
🏌️ Rounds 2,3,4 single-day DFS
🏌️ Player matchups
🏌️ Sportsbook Markets
🏌️ Player props
How’s the field? 🏌️
Absolutely stacked! We’ve got the whole of the world’s Top Ten in the field this week:
Jon Rahm 🇪🇸
Collin Morikawa 🇺🇸
Viktor Hovland 🇳🇴
Patrick Cantlay 🇺🇸
Dustin Johnson 🇺🇸
Rory McIlroy 🇬🇧
Justin Thomas 🇺🇸
Xander Schauffele 🇺🇸
Cameron Smith 🇦🇺
Hideki Matsuyama 🇯🇵
Good luck picking from that little lot this week!
It’s an invitational event with just 120 players teeing it up, with the top 65 and ties making the weekend. With at least 54% making the cut we should see more 6/6 lineups this week.
And the best thing of all – he’s not playing, but the tournament is hosted by the one and only Tiger Woods! 🐅
Who likes Riviera?
We’ve plenty of course history here, with the tournament having been under various names, but almost exclusively played at Rivera since 1976! Max Homa took the win last year, beating Tony Finau in a playoff, and after a strong showing in Phoenix he’s sure to be popular.
This is what’s known as a “Bubba track”, the left hander has won three times here and seems to love the venue. Two other left handers have won twice here in Mike Weir and Phil Mickelson, so it may be an angle to look at.
Adam Scott has two wins here 15 years apart, and Dustin Johnson is another high profile previous winner. There’s quite a bit of crossover with Quail Hollow, several players have won both events including JB Holmes and James Hahn, so form there is worth checking.
What’s it gunna take to win?
Here’s some key factors we think could influence proceedings this week:
– Driving Distance, this is a loooonnnngggggg course! So ‘bombs away’ is very much required.
– Strokes gained tee to green, the length means a good driving and irons week is essential
– Around the green, this is no easy course and so getting up and down when in trouble will be essential
– Experience around these lightning-fast green complexes is very handy too.
So essentially you’re looking for big hitting players who’re fantastic at getting to the green one way or the other, and have the experience to shine once they get there!
Who do you like Fanteam Crew?
Captain – We love Bubba Watson this week. The veteran American has certain courses he’s comfortable at, and with three wins this is definitely one of them. He’s left handed, long off the tee, is on fire with his irons so far in 2022, and not bad around the green. Looks like a recipe for success to us!
Underdog – Robert Macintyre. The Emerging Scot hits it an absolute mile, and has found form in the last couple of DP World Tour events. Crucially he’s another left hander, and had a great showing at another ‘left hander’s course’ amongst top company – The 2021 Masters at Augusta.
Anything else going on at Fanteam Golf?
Oh yes, although we can only offer teasers at this point!
– The season-long game will begin in March, we’re hoping to have this live within the next two weeks ready for you to get those lineups in! 🤩
– We’ll have a ‘Monster schedule’ being announced later this week 👹
– There’s one huge partnership on the near-horizon, which’ll make building Fanteam Golf lineups oh so easy! 🤝
– Plus we’re looking into further NFT giveaways and exciting partnerships to continue growing all things Fanteam Golf! 🤝
Best of luck with your teams and bets this week, it’s sure to be a fantastic watch as always. May the 6/6s be plentiful!
The Fanteam Crew 🏌️