FanTeam and the Scout Gaming Group are delighted to announce the opening of our 2022/23 Fantasy Premier League FIRST HALF Season Game, which has a minimum guaranteed progressive prize pool of €200,000.
Due to the 2022 World Cup taking place halfway through the Premier League season, we’ve decided to change things up a little this year by offering a First Half only season game, which will finish and be paid out in time for users to enjoy and participate in our World Cup fantasy game.
This First Half season game contest will have a €20/£17 buy-in and will be played over 16 Gameweek’s – starting in Gameweek 1 (August 5th, 2022) and will run through to the end of Gameweek 16.
Please note, we also have a FULL Season Game available and full details will be available via the FanTeam blog and Lobby very soon.
Please see below further information on how to play and get involved in our 2022/23 Fantasy Premier League Half Season Game.
A full breakdown of our €200,000 Fantasy Premier League First Half Season Game Rules are provided below in both text and an info-graphic.
If you have any questions regarding our Game Rules, please reach out and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
- YOU HAVE A STARTING BUDGET OF 100M TO BUILD YOUR INITIAL SQUAD.
- BUILD A SQUAD OF 15 PLAYERS, CONSISTING OF 2 GKs, 5 DEFs, 5 MIDs AND 3 FWDs.
- YOU CAN SELECT A MAXIMUM OF 3 PLAYERS FROM ONE PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM ONLY.
- OUR SAFETY NET FEATURE IS NOT ACTIVE FOR THIS CONTEST AS YOU WILL HAVE A BENCH OF 4 SUBSTITUTES TO USE.
- SELECT A CAPTAIN & VICE CAPTAIN. YOUR CAPTAIN SCORES DOUBLE POINTS & YOUR VICE SCORES DOUBLE IF YOUR CAPTAIN DOESN’T PLAY.
- YOU CAN MAKE UNLIMITED CHANGES TO YOUR TEAMS UNTIL GAMEWEEK 1 STARTS ON AUGUST THE 5TH, 2022 AT 20:00 BST.
- FROM GAMEWEEK 2 ONWARDS, THE GAMEWEEK DEADLINE FOR TRANSFERS & TEAM-CHANGES WILL BE 90 MINS PRIOR TO THE FIRST KICK-OFF.
- YOU HAVE 1 FREE TRANSFER EACH GAMEWEEK. ADDITIONAL TRANSFERS WILL COST 4 POINTS EACH.
- YOU CAN CARRY OVER YOUR FREE TRANSFER EACH WEEK AND HAVE AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF SAVED TRANSFERS – ACTIVATING YOUR WILDCARD WILL CANCEL ALL SAVED TRANSFERS.
- PLAYER PRICE CHANGES WILL OCCUR DURING THIS TOURNAMENT – CHANGES WILL HAPPEN WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE LAST MATCH OF THE GAMEWEEK ENDING.
- A PLAYERS SELL PRICE IS THE SAME AS THEIR LIVE PURCHASE PRICE.
- LATE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE FOR TWO WEEKS ONLY. THE LATE REG DEADLINE IS 90 MINUTES BEFORE GAMEWEEK 3 STARTS.
- LATE REGISTRATION TEAMS START ON 95% OF THE AVERAGE OVERALL SCORE.
- YOU HAVE ONE WILDCARD WHICH CAN BE USED BETWEEN GAMEWEEK 2 AND GAMEWEEK 16.
Like with the Game Rules above, the scoring on FanTeam has slight differences to other season-long fantasy football games you might play on other platforms, but the image below gives a clear guide to our 2022/23 Fantasy Premier League First Half Season Game scoring system.
Please note, if you participated in our 2021/22 £1M game, the Weekly Monster contests or the £100K Second Chance Fantasy Premier League season game, the Scoring Rules are identical to those contests.
A full breakdown of the Scoring System for our €200,000 2022/23 Fantasy Premier League First Half Season Game is provided below in the info-graphic.
Here are a few scoring attributes and key rules we want to draw your attention to:
Full Match Bonus: If an attacking player (Forward or Midfielder) stays on the pitch for the entire game (90 mins & including injury time) they will pick up an additional point. Players that regularly play 90-minutes a team could thererfore be worth considering.
Goalkeeper Save Points: Goalkeepers will earn 0.5 points for every save they make. Therefore, a goalkeeper on a team that allows the opposition a lot of low quality shots, can really rack up the points, even if they don’t keep a clean-sheet.
Impact Points: If the team wins the period a player is on the pitch, the player will be awarded 0.3 points. However, if they lose the period (example: subbed off whilst losing 1-0) they’re on the pitch, they will be deducted 0.3 points.
Shots on Target: Midfielders and Strikers will be awarded 0.4 points for each Shot on Target, whilst Defenders will earn 0.6. If your Goalkeeper somehow manages a Shot on Target then he will get 1 point. This scoring rule certainly gives fantasy bosses something to think about when selecting their attacking assets.
What counts as a shot on target?
- A shot on target is a shot that’s going in the goal, but is stopped by the last line of defence. This could be a goalkeeper, an opposing player ‘on the line’, or even your own teammate if they’re goal hanging!
- Points for a shot on target are not awarded when a goal is scored from the shot, either if the player is the scorer or is awarded the assist.
- What is a wildcard? A wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. For example, you may want to play your wildcard if your team is underperforming, you have lots of injuries or players are playing more than once. When using your wildcard you must still stay within your budget.
- When can I use my wildcard? You can use your wildcard for Gameweek 2 and onwards, up to Gameweek 16.
- What happens to my saved transfers when I use my Wildcard? When playing a wildcard, any saved free transfers will be lost once you activate your Wildcard – this process cannot be reversed by FanTeam, or you. You will be back to 1 free transfer the following Gameweek after activating your Wildcard.
- Can I cancel my Wildcard? No. Once you have confirmed your wildcard it is final and cannot be reversed by you, or us, so please be careful.
- Do all transfers have to be made at the same time when using my Wildcard? No. Any transfers you make within the Gameweek you activate your Wildcard are free up until that Gameweek deadline.
- Can I play my Wildcard after I have made free and/or paid transfers? Yes. If you have used your free transfer(s) and/or made additional transfers for a points deduction (-4 points per additional transfer), then those point deductions will be cancelled if you activate your Wildcard before the gameweek deadline.
€200,000 PRIZE POOL INFO
Our 2022-23 Fantasy Premier League season game tournaments will all have progressive prize pools this time around. This means that the guaranteed €200,000 prize pool for this First Half season game will be paid out, even if the contest doesn’t fill.
However, should the prize pool exceed the minimum entries required to hit the €200,000 minimum guarantee, then the prize pool will continue to grow above and beyond €200K, with no cap. We are confident this will happen!
The amount of players who will win a cash prize is this contest is fixed at 20% of total entrants. For example, if there are 10,000 entrants then the top 2,000 will win a cash prize.
The distribution of the prizes will change automatically according to the number of total entries, ranging from around 1.5x the entry fee for the lowest places to a large prize for the first place winner.
In this specific €200K Half Season Game contest, the outright winner will win a guaranteed 1st place prize of 10% of the total prizepool. For example, if the total prizepool at the end of the registration period is €300,000, then the first place finisher will receive €30,000, guaranteed.
The MINIMUM 1st place prize for this contest is €20,000!
All other paid spots will be calculated automatically as more users enter, so be sure to keep an eye on the ‘Prizes’ tab inside the contest itself for up to date numbers.
Late Registration will be available for two weeks after the start of Gameweek 1. This means Late Registration teams can be entered up to the Gameweek 3 deadline, with those teams beginning to score points from that gameweek onwards.
Late entries will receive 95% of the average overall score. For example, if you enter a late reg team for the start of Gameweek 2, you will receive 95% of the average score in Gameweek 1. The deadline for making transfers and team changes for late registration entries will be 90 minutes before the first kick-off of the Gameweek.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Once registered, or if you’re an existing FanTeam customer, the €200,000 2022/23 PREMIER LEAGUE HALF SEASON GAME can be found at the top of the Lobby, or by clicking here.
At this stage, you can start to build your team using your 100M budget, but remember, you can make unlimited changes to your team, for free, until the contest starts at 20:00BST on the 5th of August.
Don’t forget to select a Captain, as their points will be doubled, and a Vice-Captain, who will score double points if your captain does not play.
Once you’re happy with your team and captaincy choice, submit your team for the buy-in fee of €20 (£17).
As a reminder, the maximum entries a FanTeam customer can enter is 10 teams.
To get involved and enter a team simply click here or click the banner below.
If you’ll be entering this game, be sure to show this to a friend and tell them about this amazing cash game.
The FanTeam Crew.