FanTeam and the Scout Gaming Group are delighted to announce the opening of our 2022/23 Fantasy Premier League SECOND HALF Season Game, which has a minimum guaranteed progressive prize pool of £20,000.
Due to the 2022 World Cup taking place halfway through the Premier League season, we decided to change things up a little last year by offering a First Half only season game, which finished and paid out in Gameweek 16, just in time for users to enjoy and participate in our World Cup fantasy games.
Whilst our single-entry Full season games are still running, as well as other season-long formats on other sites, we’ve decided to give all new and existing users a second chance in our Fantasy Premier Second Half Season Game, which starts January 13th at 20:00GMT/21:00CET.
Whether you’ve had a below-par start to the season, or are flying high and want to replicate your early success, our Second Half season game has something for everyone and is not to be missed.
Please see below further information on how to play and get involved in our 2022/23 Fantasy Premier League Second Half Season Game.
A full breakdown of our £20,000 Fantasy Premier League Second Half Season Game Rules are provided below in both text and an info-graphic.
If you have any questions regarding our Game Rules, please reach out to us via the Live Chat button on fanteam.com or via twitter @fanteamofficial and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
- YOU HAVE A STARTING BUDGET OF 105M TO BUILD YOUR SQUAD
- BUILD A SQUAD OF 15 PLAYERS, CONSISTING OF 2 GKs, 5 DEFs, 5 MIDs & 3 FWDs
- YOU CAN SELECT A MAXIMUM OF 3 PLAYERS FROM ONE PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM
- SELECT A CAPTAIN & VICE CAPTAIN. YOUR CAPTAIN SCORES DOUBLE POINTS & YOUR VICE SCORES DOUBLE IF YOUR CAPTAIN DOESN’T PLAY
- YOU CAN MAKE UNLIMITED CHANGES TO YOUR TEAMS UNTIL THE CONTEST STARTS AT 20:00 GMT/21:00 CET FRIDAY JANUARY 13TH
- ONCE THE CONTEST HAS STARTED, THE GAMEWEEK DEADLINE FOR WILDCARDS, TRANSFERS & TEAM-CHANGES WILL BE 90 MINS PRIOR TO THE FIRST KICK-OFF
- YOU HAVE ONE WILDCARD AVAILABLE – THIS CAN BE USED ANYTIME AFTER THE CONTEST HAS STARTED
- YOU HAVE 1 FREE TRANSFER EACH GAMEWEEK. ADDITIONAL TRANSFERS WILL COST 4 POINTS EACH
- YOU CAN CARRY OVER YOUR FREE TRANSFER EACH WEEK AND HAVE AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF SAVED TRANSFERS
- ACTIVATING YOUR WILDCARD WILL REMOVE ALL SAVED TRANSFERS
- PLAYER PRICE CHANGES WILL OCCUR DURING THIS TOURNAMENT IN SYNC WITH OUR 2022/23 FULL SEASON GAME
- A PLAYERS SELL PRICE IS THE SAME AS THEIR LIVE PURCHASE PRICE
- PRICE CHANGES WILL HAPPEN ONCE PER GAMEWEEK & WITHIN 48 HOURS OF EACH GAMEWEEK ENDING
- SAFETY NET IS NOT ACTIVE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT
- ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST IS FIXED AT £5/€5.75
- EACH FANTEAM CUSTOMER CAN ENTER A MAXIMUM OF 3 TEAMS TO THIS CONTEST
- THE MINIMUM PRIZEPOOL OF £20,000/€23,000 IS GUARANTEED & WILL INCREASE WHEN THE GUARANTEE HAS BEEN MET WITH THE REQUIRED AMOUNT OF ENTRIES
- LATE REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS CONTEST
Like with the Game Rules above, the scoring on Fanteam has slight differences to other season-long fantasy football games you might play on other platforms, but the image below gives a clear guide to our 2022/23 Fantasy Premier League Second Half Season Game scoring system.
Please note, if you participated in our 2022/23 First Half or Full season games, the Scoring Rules are identical to those contests.
A full breakdown of the Scoring System is provided below in the info-graphic, followed by important scoring attributes and key rules we want to draw your attention to, to ensure you have the best experience playing this contest on Fanteam.
Full Match Bonus: If an attacking player (Forward or Midfielder) stays on the pitch for the entire game (90 mins & including injury time) they will pick up an additional point. Players that regularly play 90-minutes a team could be worth considering.
Goalkeeper Save Points: Goalkeepers will earn 0.5 points for every save they make. Therefore, a goalkeeper on a team that allows the opposition a lot of low quality shots, can really rack up the points, even if they don’t keep a clean-sheet.
Impact Points: If the team wins the period a player is on the pitch, the player will be awarded 0.3 points. However, if they lose the period (example: subbed off whilst losing 1-0) they’re on the pitch, they will be deducted 0.3 points.
Shots on Target: Midfielders and Strikers will be awarded 0.4 points for each Shot on Target, whilst Defenders will earn 0.6. If your Goalkeeper somehow manages a Shot on Target then he will get 1 point. This scoring rule certainly gives fantasy bosses something to think about when selecting their attacking assets.
What counts as a shot on target?
- A shot on target is a shot that’s going in the goal, but is stopped by the last line of defence. This could be a goalkeeper, an opposing player ‘on the line’, or even your own teammate if they’re goal hanging!
- Points for a shot on target are not awarded when a goal is scored from the shot, either if the player is the scorer or is awarded the assist.
- What is a wildcard? A wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a gameweek. For example, you may want to play your wildcard if your team is underperforming, you have lots of injuries or players are playing more than once. When using your wildcard you must still stay within your budget.
- When can I use my wildcard? You can use your wildcard for Gameweek 2 and onwards, up to Gameweek 19.
- What happens to my saved transfers when I use my Wildcard? When playing a wildcard, any saved free transfers will be lost once you activate your Wildcard – this process cannot be reversed by Fanteam, or you. You will be back to 1 free transfer the following gameweek after activating your Wildcard.
- Can I cancel my Wildcard? No. Once you have confirmed your wildcard it is final and cannot be reversed by you, or us, so please be careful.
- Do all transfers have to be made at the same time when using my Wildcard? No. Any transfers you make within the Gameweek you activate your Wildcard are free up until that Gameweek deadline.
- Can I play my Wildcard after I have made free and/or paid transfers? Yes. If you have used your free transfer(s) and/or made additional transfers for a points deduction (-4 points per additional transfer), then those point deductions will be cancelled if you activate your Wildcard before the gameweek deadline.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
If you’re new to Fanteam then you’ll need to create a new account here – alternatively, head on over to fanteam.com and click the Register button in the top right corner.
Once registered, or if you’re an existing Fanteam customer, the £20,000 SECOND HALF SEASON GAME can be found at the top of the Lobby, or by clicking here.
At this stage, you can start to build your team using your 105M budget, but remember, you can make unlimited changes to your team, for free, until the contest starts at 20:00BST on the 13th of January.
Don’t forget to select a captain, as their points will be doubled, and a vice-captain, who will score double points if your captain does not play.
Once you’re happy with your team and captaincy choice, submit your team for the buy-in fee of £5/€5.75
As a reminder, the maximum entries a FanTeam customer can enter is 3 teams.
To get involved and enter a team simply click here, or click the banner below.
If you’ll be entering this game, be sure to show this to a friend and tell them about this amazing cash tournament.
Should you require any assistance from us with any of the above, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us using the Live Chat button on the website, Discord, Twitter or via email email@example.com.
The Fanteam Crew